Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nvidia Shield Tablet, stops playing after x time

Nvidia Shield Tablet, stops playing after x time

Hi. I have the 16GB Nvidia SHIELD Tablet. Android 4.4.2. Spotify v. 1.5.0.739.

All music is offline on the internal storage (not SD card).

If I have forgotten some info,

Now and then the music stops playing. When I check to see what's going on, the controls are not present on the lockscreen. When I unlock the device it says it's playing, but the progressbar is not moving. If I hit pause, it starts to play, then pause again, and it pauses.

I've tried to uninstall the app, and install again. No difference. One time it stopped after about 45min, other time after about 30min.

Thought it could be as the 3,5jack was slightly moved, but tried holding the tablet in my hands, and it still happens.

I've seen several threads about this issue, but nothing very recently. And no fixes, other than maybe an update, but that wouldn't help me much now.

Sometimes (rare) the tablet gives "headset connected/disconnected" notifications like there is no tomorrow. And after a while (1-2min?) it stops, and works normally again. Unsure if it's what causes the problem. I've checked the tablet right after the music stops, and there's no notifications about headset disconnected.

Update (not edit): I see that there is an update for the tablet out. Might fix it. I will install it and see. Will update again.

3 Replies

Let me know how you get on. Does sound like a hardware fault... can you try cleaning the inside of the jack with a cotton bud/pipe cleaner or compressed air to see if anything is trapped and causing a switch?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Shield update 1.1 and 1.2 was installed, no change. The play controls from the left dropdown menu in android is showing the first played song, and as playing. The app itself, is showing current song, and the play/pause button is on pause, so one click starts the playing. Always happens between songs. Might play 0.5-1sec of the song before it fails, can't say for sure.

As the tablet is basically brand new, and the earplugs are used gently, and works fine other places, that really shouldn't be a problem. They are however some rather cheap china-stuff.

I've heard theres a issue with the nvidia shield tablet getting warm under gaming, so the corners gets slightly damaged. Once nvidia finds a cure for that, I will do that to mine (might sound more evil than it is), and turn it in. Not that that's guaranteed to fix it.

Hi. That's a shame, maybe try another clean install but use the guide in my signature. If that doesn't work a factory reset of the device may be required.

You say it's a new device and you have other issues with it also, you may want to see if you can get a replacement.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts