Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Music Storage on External SD Card

Solved!

Offline Music Storage on External SD Card

I recently got a new external SD card (64 Gig) to use with my phone (Nokia 6), in hopes of putting my Spotify offline music library on it.

I've read through the threads regarding this, and tried the usual stuff (deleting cache, reinstalling Spotify, etc.), but these threads are quite old and these methods don't seem to work any more. Does anyone have any new suggestions to try?

Is this something Spotify is actively working on? It seems older versions of Spotify used to have an option to choose storage. How come this doesn't exist anymore?

Spotify Version: 8.4.38.621 armV7

Android Version: 7.1.1

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I recently figured this out!

When I inserted my SD card initially, I chose to use it as "internal storage". Spotify doesn't seem to like this option.

Instead, reformat your SD card as "portable storage" when you put it into the phone and Spotify should recognize your SD card.

Hope this works for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Although this might be kinda old aricle I would try it. This link.

I have this EXACT SAME problem with my nokia 6 and my 200gb sd card. Did you ever get it figured out? Its been driving me nuts wasting hours trying to find a workaround. 

I can tell you what not to try because I did and it was a waste of time:

1. Maxing out the internal storage so spotify would have no room for songs except on the sd card

2. Deleting and re-installing, giving storage permissions, and rebooting

3. Creating a file in the sd card and moving all spotify data to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty62YzGryU4&t=86s

Marked as solution

I recently figured this out!

When I inserted my SD card initially, I chose to use it as "internal storage". Spotify doesn't seem to like this option.

Instead, reformat your SD card as "portable storage" when you put it into the phone and Spotify should recognize your SD card.

Hope this works for you!

You are the **bleep**ing best dude. Nokia 4 life 

Just downloaded a bunch of songs, but you can only download 3,333?!?!?!? That is stupid. I bought a 200gb memory card for this purpose, and I've only used up 33gb

Yes offline only lets you download 3,333 songs

Suggested posts