Offline mode with Android Auto

Re: Offline mode with Android Auto

aidenhobbs
Casual Listener

After the december 6th update still getting the same issue plus a new issue where the option for downloaded playlists now also doesnt display on AA.

Chakachick
Casual Listener

So they are actually making it worse LOL

venator260
Casual Listener

This is super frustrating for me as well. Most of my drive to work is through no service areas. I used to be able to play offline music and use my cars controls. Now I have to use my phone, having to unlock and open spotify each time. Very frustrating; makes android auto mostly useless for me. I think I'm going to simply use my bluetooth connection since I have to use my phone to control it anyway. 

torndownunit
Casual Listener

Same issue here.  I only recently got a car with Android Auto and for the first few weeks I had it I was using Spotify offline.  Then it just stopped working and these errors started. 

Killermense

Same for me. Real annoying this new behaviour.

But I am not sure if it is a bug or desired. I think the app simply wants to sync with the server all day long.

Anyway. Real annoying and hopefully Spotify will care to change this. 

torndownunit
Casual Listener

You are likely correct on that.  It's a behaviour that will make me swtich services though.  I enjoy Spotify, but being able to use it offline with Android Auto and not use data is one of my primary uses for it.   Super annoying.

DXR7KRK

I am havining the same issues. I was very happy with Spotify and Android Auto before but now It's just a pain in the a**. Since It's been a while now if it does not get fixes pon I am switching services although I am with you since 2012...

Chenson722
Regular

I'm also thinking it may be intentional. The app has always switched to online mode randomly, so I think this may just be a step further, but it's definitely a deal breaker for me.

jp3372
Casual Listener

Please fix it! This is an issue big enough for me to cancel my membership! I pay Spotify mainly to listen in offline mode in my car since I drive a lot. Fix it ASAP. Should be a top priority.

Hey folks,

Thanks for raising this with us on the Community.

This is something we are already aware of, and our tech team is currently looking into it.

In the meantime, you can head over to this thread and leave the requested information, which we will pass on to the relevant people. We will keep you updated there as soon as we have any updates.

Also don't forget to add your vote in the thread - that way we can see how many people are experiencing this issue.

Thanks again!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS