Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline song in SD card

Solved!

Offline song in SD card

Hi, i was seeing the space in my phone and i realized that "something" was taken like 5gb of space.

when i started to see the memory of my phone i discovered that those 5gb were all the offline songs from spotify, but i have the app installed in my sd card

there's any way to make the offline songs to get installed in the sd card????

thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try a clean install again, but this ti me follow the guide linked below as the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi everyone!!

i just solved the problem!!!

the thing was that android MM formatted the sd card like a part of the internal phone's memory so the apps can be moved to it. the problem with this is that you only can move apps (no photos, no videos, no files, no music, etc) so the phone doesn't recognize the sd card as a storage device and then the spotify app didn't gave me the option to move the offline songs to the sd card.

the solution is formatting the sd card as a external storage device, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE APPS, BUT YOU WILL CAN MOVE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE

thanks you all for your comments and help!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Yep. Spotify settings - scroll to the bottom and select 'Storage' from here you can transfer the offline cache to your SD Card

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello!

I have the same issue and when trying to move to the SD (16Gb SD with 14GB free) by selecting it, I accept the disclaimer message and then I got an error: "We couldn't move your data".

Anyone knows how to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

Let me guess, you've updated your phone to Android Marshmallow???

Unfortunately MM has changed the way permissions are handled and you'll have to re-install the app then re-download all your files (after changing you cache location of course).

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the idea, but that's not my case, I'm using android 4.4.2, the one which came with the mobile when I bougth.

I also reinstalled App, and removing cache and application data before to reinstall the new one, but I'm getting same error 😞

Any other idea?
Marked as solution

Can you try a clean install again, but this ti me follow the guide linked below as the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

Hi everyone!!

i just solved the problem!!!

the thing was that android MM formatted the sd card like a part of the internal phone's memory so the apps can be moved to it. the problem with this is that you only can move apps (no photos, no videos, no files, no music, etc) so the phone doesn't recognize the sd card as a storage device and then the spotify app didn't gave me the option to move the offline songs to the sd card.

the solution is formatting the sd card as a external storage device, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE APPS, BUT YOU WILL CAN MOVE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE

thanks you all for your comments and help!

Thanks a lot Daniel for the guide! Fixed! 🙂

The problem has been fixed when I've created manually the folders in the SD and downloaded a large playlist.

Thanks for the support!

Suggested posts