Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only show offline content?

Solved!

Only show offline content?

With an earlier version if spotify, I was able to only display offline content when in offline mode. With the latest versions, I have to browse through tons of playlists to find one with a green icon.

Is there a way to only show downloaded content in offline mode, and if not :why? And will the feature do a come back in the future?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You know how you can scroll up and down? Scroll to the top of the list of albums in your library. Now scroll up (by dragging DOWN on the screen) even MORE. This is how you pull down the filters.

I hate that companies make features like this without so much as a tab in the corner with an arrow indicating that this is a functionality. [Snip - Removed by Moderator] UI design.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Create a new playlist called - offline.
Add each new download to it to keep a track on what you have downloaded.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

I agree. It's so annoying to scroll through my albums everyday looking for the green icon !
Google Play Music has a better system : when you switch to offline, all the online albums disappear. Tadaa. That could make me leave spotify. It's really an everyday struggle.

You can filter offline Playlists or albums etc. In my music go to the section you want, such as 'Albums' then pull down on the screen. You'll see some filters appear at the top of the album listings. Tap the fleet button and select 'offline only'.

Also you should sorry my idea of automatically filtering offline Playlists when offline. Link to the idea is in my signature.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Oh, right! Thank you very much!

OursonWelles did that work for you? I still can't get to display just the offline content, still shows everything and I have to scroll through all the playlists. I can play a playlist offline....once I find it,

Wondering if it's an iPad thing.

@Richard123 

This image is for the iPhone app, but it's similar for the iPad app.

Scroll all the way to the top and you'll see a filter bar and an icon with three little lines next to it.

Tap on the icon with 3 little lines.

An option to filter by offline will show, tap on that.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This appears to be a solution for a previous version of the app. Is there any way in the current version (Dec 2, 2015) to actually view offline content only? If not, why? Many use cases for a mobile app require listening in offline mode (on the subway, on a plane, or on the go and not wanting to use up limited data). If I can't quickly see offline data, it's almost pointless having this functionality. Rdio did this well. Apple Music slightly better, insofar as there is an option. Any assistance you can provide would be great. Thank you.

This solution no longer works as of 2016.

I am trying out Spotify Premium for 3 months. Not a great experience so far. I've bee looking for this for several days. Thank you for your post. It works. And congratulations to Spotify for hiding it that well. You guys should use your app so you realise how bad and difficult to use it is.

Regards,

Bernard.

The 'filter' is barely a fix and is not a solution. Why does offline mode not do this automatically and properly?

Marked as solution

You know how you can scroll up and down? Scroll to the top of the list of albums in your library. Now scroll up (by dragging DOWN on the screen) even MORE. This is how you pull down the filters.

I hate that companies make features like this without so much as a tab in the corner with an arrow indicating that this is a functionality. [Snip - Removed by Moderator] UI design.

Thanks. While after some googling I already knew how to use it. My gripe is that offline mode should enable that filter across the board till offline mode is removed. Having to put the filter on is, as you say, a very weird unintuitive way of working. 

Marked as solution

Create a new playlist called - offline.
Add each new download to it to keep a track on what you have downloaded.

Bodge workaround, not a fix.

Works perfectly, so yes it is a very good fix thanks. Cheers

THIS IS A NOT A SOLUTION. Whjoever OKayed this as a solution at Spotify. It is like going to a garage saying my car is broken, they take a look and say 'ride your bike instead'. Why do Spotify keep treating customers with this contempt?

It works perfectly and is a solution, thanks

They're billions in debt, they can't make money, they can't afford to fix any of their problems and they don't care about any of the UI problems when they can't even figure out their business model and how to make money.

GAH. THANK YOU. So aggravating!

Suggested posts