Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pauses in offline mode

Solved!

Pauses in offline mode

I have a Samsung GS3 4G and Spotify keep on pausing in offline mode whenever I loose signal or get the signal back again. ie. I can start playing music again after losing signal (like going into a tunnel) but when the signal gets back again the music pauses. This is extremely annoying since I travel by train everyday and this keeps on happening approx 10 time on a one way trip.

Is there anything I can do or just wait for the next update?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, you might have a look at this thread regarding a bug in Android with randomly stopping playback. I was having similar issues and found it seemed to only be happening with local files that I'd copied over. Do you happen to have any local files in your playlists?

Oddly enough, fingers crossed, it seems to have finally resolved itself for me. Unfortunately, I can't be sure if it's been resolved by an update or if it's just randomly working again.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, you might have a look at this thread regarding a bug in Android with randomly stopping playback. I was having similar issues and found it seemed to only be happening with local files that I'd copied over. Do you happen to have any local files in your playlists?

Oddly enough, fingers crossed, it seems to have finally resolved itself for me. Unfortunately, I can't be sure if it's been resolved by an update or if it's just randomly working again.

dinomightSpotify Star

Hi.

I don't have any local files in my play list, except for the ones downloaded to Spotify. I will try to clear my cache and see if it works.
I didn't have this problem until I updated to the latest version so I can only hope that it will disappear with the next version.

Okay, thanks for the info. Let us know if you still have problems with it.

dinomightSpotify Star

Thanks for the help Dinomight. The problem is solved and I can listen to music flawlessly.

Excellent. I have marked this as solved.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts