Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Phone not updating currently playing when connected to Google Nest

Phone not updating currently playing when connected to Google Nest

Latest version of Spotify Android app. Google Pixel 3XL. Google Nest.

My phone is no longer showing what is currently being played on Google Nest. I used to be able to play music on the Nest and then quickly look at my phone if I wanted to know the song or add it to a playlist. It no longer does that. It shows that it's connected to Nest and the pause button is displayed as it should when playing. So it's connected for me to play, pause, choose a new song etc. It just doesn't update the playing position or show what is playing, it just shows the first song selected and doesn't change from that.

Screenshot shows the view of the first song selected even if several songs have played since

7 Replies

I have this exact same issue, but I am connecting to my Sonos products rather than Nest. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20. Like you said, the first song you click on the album artwork shows constantly at 0 seconds, so you can't 'rewind' parts of a song or see what other bangers are playing if you want to add them to a Playlist. It's such a small issue but actually a real pain lol!

It's the same for me with Google Chromecast

Same here, Android Phone > Google Nest Wifi > Sonos System (Move + Five)

You can see in the attachement in the  bottom of the screen, the spotify app as seen from within the sonos app whereas the upper one is the notification pane that shows the spotify app.

I tried resetting spotify and sonos apps, and also restarted the nest wifi but nothing works

If I go to "Now playing" in the Spotify app, I can see which song is playing but the main screen still doesn't update. 

20210419_224257.jpg

same issue with chromecast audio but only on android (pixel 4a). cant even pause songs without the google home app because spotifys interface wont do anything. works fine with the windows client on my laptop tho

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We're aware of this and we're currently investigating it. We recommend heading over this Ongoing Issue thread and adding your +Vote and the required info. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any updates, as they'll be shared there.

Apologies for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The thread pointed to us I couldn't upload the screenshot but I had the same issue today, Pixel 4a (5G), Android 11, I deleted and reinstalled the app today and when it opened, the display said the previous session's song was still playing at 14:38 and counting for a 1:38 song. 

Screenshot_20210423-185441.png

Hi there @beccacantpark,

Thank you for your reply and for the screenshot.

Can you confirm if you followed these steps when you reinstalled the app? This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If you did and that didn't do the trick, we suggest that you try the following:

• Try an alternative internet connection
  • Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts