Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play Next option gone

Play Next option gone

A recent update on my android version of the Spotify app has removed the play next option. Adding to queue is still an option but does not seem to work either. Please resolve.
5 Replies

Hey @user-removed!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, could you send us a screenshot of how the app looks from your end? That would be really helpfull. 

Also, give it a try reinstalling the app and see if you're still experiencing the same issue. Here's how.

Keep us posted.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hey MJ,

Thanks for the response. Reinstalling the app didn't help - screenshot attached. The menu used to offer Play Next as one of the options when clicking on a song but this seems to have disappeared with a recent update.
Screenshot_20170412-122237.png

I beleive the add to queue option does the same thing as the play next option.  My ipad would originally show this option while my android would show play next. However, I have noticed that the online spotify web player has completely done away with the add to queue or play next options all together!

Hey!

Yeah I thought add to queue could serve the same function but it doesn't,
and it doesn't even add the selected song to the end of the play queue so
I'm not sure what it is even for anymore. This is all when playing music on
shuffle in a playlist, by the way, if that context helps. These functions
both used to exist and work properly up until a few weeks ago when I
updated.

It looks like they have replaced "Up Next" with "add to queue" which is how it used to be originally. If you use a blue light filter, the context menu no longer works as reported in this bug topic.

Suggested posts