Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play, Pause, Next Song doesn't work with headset

Play, Pause, Next Song doesn't work with headset

Since the recent 4 or 5 updates to Spotify, the ability to skip songs with a wired headset has stopped working.

The strange thing is that I'm able to skip songs 2-3 times, but after that nothing happens.

With a Bluetooth headset, the problem is similar but still different. With Bluetooth, play/pause stops working after a while. Skipping songs works flawlessly.

I've tested different wired and bluetooth headset, cleared cache and reinstalled Spotify. Updated Spotify every time a new update is released. Nothing seems to fix the problem.

My devices:

Samsung Galaxy S8 - Android 7.1

Moto 360 Gen 2 - Android Wear 2.0

How do I fix this problem?

6 Replies

And, headset controls works just fine with other Music apps like Deezer. Both with wired and wireless headsets.

Same set up, different app.

Same exact issue

Pixel 2 XL

Same issue. Play/pause not working from bluetooth headset.
Not working from Android Wear either (Zenwatch 3).

Skipping tracks works most of the time, but play pause never does. It's been like this for at least a month for me.

Same issue - pixel 2. Works with Google play app and other players.

I have had this issue as well. No control of play/pause or track skip from headphones or android wear watch. I think it has been since the original post.

Can confirm the bug on Pixel 2. It works fine in Youtube. So its not a hardware issue. Maybe its related to Android 8+ ?

Suggested posts