Premium/just started trail

Country

Israel

Device

Google Pixel 3a

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hi, I encounter problems listening to certain songs and playlists, it mostly happens with playlists. I only see a message "This song is not available".

Some playlists that don't work:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0zG39b7oRP6zcaCF41Zf9x?si=d8ZeZcj6QsmJIWSHyVx5Mg

https://open.spotify.com/album/4grkkWKt55tUAY7lcOZH5T?si=ahdaIukWSW-Ga3h7Z5RDfA

https://open.spotify.com/album/2MBYQzEKElDlzXs1N4vZC3?si=eWWOGnm0TOe6O9k5Qyenmg

https://open.spotify.com/album/2ZmFfUc0X8kAgxnTHWE7pX?si=O-XUXoItTnaXCbw46eFTPg

What I tried

I tried clearing user data and logging back in, didn't work.

I tried moving to premium, didn't work.

Saving locally doesn't work as well.

I asked my friends if the playlists work and they do work for them, I'm not sure what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @HammerPiano,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and sharing the video.

Just to confirm, do you receive the same message when you try playing each individual song in the playlist? If you don't, what does exactly happen when you play each individual song? Also, did you select the option Don't play this artist for any of the artists featured in this or the other playlists you've experienced the issue with? 

We'll look out for your reply and be available regarding this as well as anything else you might need help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @HammerPiano,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sharing a screen-video of what happens when you open one of the playlists you mentioned? It'll help us understand the type of error you're experiencing in greater detail. 

Regarding your friends who haven't experienced the same issues you have, do they live in the same country as you? Asking since the availability of music on Spotify may also depend on country-specific arrangements. 

Also, just to be clear before providing any suggestions, are you experiencing this with the web player, the mobile app or both? 

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator

My friends live in Israel as well, and they have premium.

Here is a video link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7T1bA4dtLj15PxPGA 

On both mobile and computer the playlists don't work, and what's more bizzare is that on the same computer but different account the playlist works.

Marked as solution

Hey @HammerPiano,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and sharing the video.

Just to confirm, do you receive the same message when you try playing each individual song in the playlist? If you don't, what does exactly happen when you play each individual song? Also, did you select the option Don't play this artist for any of the artists featured in this or the other playlists you've experienced the issue with? 

We'll look out for your reply and be available regarding this as well as anything else you might need help with!

Mario Moderator

Apperantly it was the "don't play" on Liszt (same for the other playlists, there was a don't play on the composers). I forgot I put it 🙂
Removing it solved the problem, many thanks!

Is it possible to remove all of the "don't plays* I ever put?
Also, is it possible to be a more clear error message?

Hey @HammerPiano,

Thanks for your updates. 

Glad to hear my input helped you figure this out 🙂 

To remove all your "Don't plays", go to Your Library > Artists > Hidden Content (scroll and go all the way down to reach the folder). Then click on the red signs next to artists or songs you wish to remove the block from. If you'd like to present your feedback about the fact there should be a more specific message users receive when they can't listen to a playlist because of some featured songs which were previously blocked, feel free to suggest it as an Idea. To do so:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Have a nice day and don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts