Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Default order for playlist followers

[Playlists] Default order for playlist followers

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Mate 20, notebook

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

I read a lot of posts about playlist sorting (yes I know this is a painful topic) and I spent a lot of time googling around, but I'm not able to find a solution to my problem.

Well, I'm a premium user and three years ago I made a shared playlist (Max Top Hits Now 2019) and I have arount 300 follower. When a follower (premium of free never mind) opens my playlist, the first song he/she finds is the oldest.

Of course I tried to sort my playlist by "last added" in my android device, or in the desktop (both Windows and Linux). No way, nothing change for the follower.

I noticed that the default order is the "no sorting order", I do know how to call it: it is the order the playlist has without clicking any column in desktop interface. Since (yes unfortunately all we know) Spotify doesn't allow to add a song to top of playlist, but only at the end, here explaind my pain.

So my question: is there any way, workaround, voodoo ritual, ecc to have followers automatically get the latest song first?

Please don't tell me to change the order one by one of every song by dragging and dropping. I have many songs in my playlisy and I do not want every time that I add a song, manally move it.

Thanks for your time,

Massimo

5 Replies

Truly incredible that this has been broken for over 5 years. Why would the shared list not reflect the order that the sharer sees it in?  And if it *has to be* shared by default by date added, why would it be sorted by OLDEST first?  You would want your friends to see the NEWEST songs first. Obviously. 

Are there product managers at Spotify?  What are they doing all day?

Was just wondering the same thing and this page was the first result for the google search ‘spotify playlists order to followers’.

I’m assuming there could be some way to configure how you present the playlist order to followers through the Spotify API? That would be nice at least.

I'm facing the same problem and trying to find a solution but that's the only place I found that talks about this.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out sharing your thoughts with the Community!

We've passed on your feedback about the sorting order of playlists for followers to the developer team. We recommend that you also post it as an idea in our Ideas Exchange. You can learn how to do this here

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

???????????????????????????????????????????? joke this is still a thing

Suggested posts