Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists: Missing Features in mobile app

Solved!

Playlists: Missing Features in mobile app

Plan

Premium

County

Germany

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Operating System

Android 10

1. Reordering

It is not possible to reorder the Playlists themselves. This feature is already very finnicky to use on Desktop, but it exists. On Android it is missing completely.

2. Titles of new playlists

When creating a new playlist from e.g. the context menu of an album, Artist/Title are not prefilled in the playlist title like on Desktop.

It has to be entered manually and the modal covers the screen where that information is. Very bad UX.

Also, in some cases the playlist order on mobile does not seem to be in sync with Desktop. (hard problem to solve, but makes 1. and 2. even more infuriating)

Library is not a replacement for these bugs / missing features by any means. It is too cluttered after a while, and it misses custom playlists.

See also

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Playlist-order-on-mobile-device/td-p/54251/page/2

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @stereolense

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The app interface and features may vary across devices, as they run different operative systems. 

Currently, it's not possible to reorder your playlists in the mobile app, only in the desktop app.

In this case, you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any question, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This is an actual answer so I'm going to accept it as a "solution".

Lots of time wasted!

I can understand that for a lot of people, this might not be a critical feature.

But I am not going to work for free in your ridiculous Kudos/Suggestions/Whatever system.
It's not that this is some novel idea that people should vote on.

Software development is hard. But this support forum is all Smoke & Mirrors.
Feels like talking to a chatbot.

See
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Synced-History-across-all-Devices/idc-p/51...

Spotify would do better making their developers working on the actual apps instead maintaining this weird... something.

Voting on bugs, missing features, are you serious?

Sorry... have a nice day.

Marked as solution

Hi @stereolense,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

5 Replies

Hey there @stereolense

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

If you'd like to reorganize the songs in a playlist from your mobile device, we'd recommend heading to the playlist > tap on the three dot menu > Edit playlist. If this is not the case and you want to sort the order of the playlists section, you'll find some steps to do it here.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy,

thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, the link you provided does not answer my question. You wrote:

If you'd like to reorganize the songs in a playlist from your mobile device, we'd recommend heading to the playlist > tap on the three dot menu > Edit playlist. If this is not the case and you want to sort the order of the playlists section, you'll find some steps to do it here.

I wrote:

It is not possible to reorder the Playlists themselves. This feature is already very finnicky to use on Desktop, but it exists. On Android it is missing completely.

In the menu for sorting and filtering, there is an option for "custom sorting".

This sorts the playlists according to the ordering that was set in the desktop app.
There seems to be no possibility to change that ordering from inside the mobile app.

This is also explained in the linked thread that I added:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Playlist-order-on-mobile-device/td-p/54251/page/2

Attatched you find a cropped screenshot of the sort/filter dialog. It is in German though. I already know this dialog.

Sorting the playlists themselves is apparently not possible.

The app does not allow to drag the playlists up or down to change the "custom ordering"

If this feature is intentionally missing, I would have preferred a clear answer stating that fact.

Sorry for my grumpiness, but it seems that you didn't actually read my request.

Kind regards

spotify-playlist-sort-filter.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @stereolense

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The app interface and features may vary across devices, as they run different operative systems. 

Currently, it's not possible to reorder your playlists in the mobile app, only in the desktop app.

In this case, you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any question, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

This is an actual answer so I'm going to accept it as a "solution".

Lots of time wasted!

I can understand that for a lot of people, this might not be a critical feature.

But I am not going to work for free in your ridiculous Kudos/Suggestions/Whatever system.
It's not that this is some novel idea that people should vote on.

Software development is hard. But this support forum is all Smoke & Mirrors.
Feels like talking to a chatbot.

See
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Synced-History-across-all-Devices/idc-p/51...

Spotify would do better making their developers working on the actual apps instead maintaining this weird... something.

Voting on bugs, missing features, are you serious?

Sorry... have a nice day.
Marked as solution

Hi @stereolense,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts