Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists button missing on Android mobile device after making new account and logging in

Playlists button missing on Android mobile device after making new account and logging in

Hey, my playlists button is missing on my Android mobile device after making new account and logging in.

The button at the bottom right of the screen that lets me view all my playlists is what i'm talking about. Right now I only have my mixes, home and search buttons.Playlists button at bottom right is missing on android mobile device.Playlists button at bottom right is missing on android mobile device.

8 Replies

As it's a new account, I'm wondering if the library tab does't show because it has nothing to display. What happens if you save a song or add a song to a new playlist from the context menu?

ive made a ton of playlists and when i make new playlists, the button still doesnt show up. they show up on my pc but not on my android mobile device.

spot.png

OK. Try reinstalling spotify on android, following all the steps here. If the library tab is still missing after that, contact spotify direct.

I did try reinstalling but there is an extra step in that process clearing a folder that I will give a shot. Hopefully it will work. Thanks for the advice.

Im completely lost as to what to do. I followed the steps exactly using ES file manager to make sure the spotify folder was deleted and I did a clean reinstall.

I think the new accounts are all like this now and you dont get that libary button anymore to view the songs in the playlists you create...

So are you sure I should still have a playlist button on the bottom right? 

Is the new default interface on android to only have mixes, home and search buttons?

Is there a way to sync the playlists on my pc to my phone? 

They show up in the mixes tab. I just dont have that playlist tab to see all my playlists and browse their contents.

I can't imagine that spotify would deliberately take away access to our music library - songs, artists and playlists so do get in touch with them and let me know what they say please.

No, it was my fault. I set up my new account wrong. 

Thanks for the chat link. The awesome guys helped me make a new account and everything is working again.

Spotify is the best.

Suggested posts