Plan

Free

Country

Device 

Sony Xperia 10 III

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I download the Joe Rogan podcast to listen/watch on my phone.  It's been working fine and video was playing.  However, for no reason, it just stopped playing video.  It was even on a currently downloaded podcast that had video working half way through but it just stopped video for some reason.  

I tried clearing cache, stopping app, restarting device, signing out of account and relogging in.  Only thing I didn't try is uninstall app and then reinstall.  (I have a bunch of podcasts downloaded that I don't want to download again as I used my valuable data to do it...) 

Honestly, I can't believe so many people use Spotify if the app is this buggy.  (Not the first time I've had video playback problems.)  

Is there an obvious fix that I'm missing?  Or should I just give up?

Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @JetB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

One of the most common issues on playback when in Offline mode are caused by corrupted files. As Spotify stores the downloads in cache files, some apps like task killers, storage managers and battery savers can affect those files making them unrecognizable by the app.

If you have an SD card, we'd suggest removing it and rebooting your phone.

However, in this type of case, the most recommended process is to perform a clean reinstall. We understand you're trying to find an alternative, but reinstalling helps to get rid of any damaged cache that might be causing the trouble and sync the data with the app again. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts