Premium

Country

United States 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android one UI version 2.1

My Question or Issue

My podcasts keeps freezing and stopping for no reason. The only way to fix it is to close and re open the app. Occasionally after I pause a podcast it will start playing again on its own.

50 Replies

Hey @Darrickprp, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No the issue  is still happening. I have noticed that it happens mostly with the Joe Rogan Experience possibly because of the video attached to the podcast. Overall I have not been liking Spotify for podcasts. Music is great but the podcast interface is clumsy. I'm on a galaxy S10 version 2.1 of OneUI

Hey @Darrickprp

Thanks for the follow up. So, this only happens with podcast with video included? If possible, are you able to attach a screen recording of what's happening? I'd love to take a closer look.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm getting the same thing and not gonna lie I'm really angry about it. I've done a clean install, my mobile data and WiFi connection is fine, my galaxy S10e has android OS v 10 installed. Music is playing fine. I'm trying to listen to a pod cast series called The Dream. I'm on the premium plan.

Hi there @Greywalker,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you send us a link to the Podcast? Also, let us know if that's the only podcast that's not streaming properly ( is it a single episode or all episodes) or is it every podcast you try playing. 

Another thing - can you download and play podcasts without interruption when they are saved for Offline listening.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have exactly the same problem. I moved over to Spotify for music and podcasts mainly due to the JRE move. Unfortunately I have been really really disappointed with the app’s stability with podcasts.

They will cut out completely, judder, carry on playing with no audio. On any podcast this can happen, but it happens EVERYTIME at least once with the JRE.

I have worked out a fix from the above; when you download it not stream it does not happen. This is not a fix for going forward though. I can’t reasonably accept that to listen to every podcast I have to download it and listen offline. This needs a fix on the next update.

Edit that...

Still cutting out even when downloaded.

So close to moving back to Apple Music and podcasts

Hey @WSm1ffy,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with your podcasts.  Does this occur when using a different internet network? If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

It you can replicate the behavior there, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall using the steps here. This would clear all possible damaged files that might be causing such issues. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

I have followed all the above advice given by other mods above. Including clean reinstall, and changing different networks. 

Still the same error, it’s clearly a bug as I have seen numerous other users with exactly the same issue.

Hey again @WSm1ffy,

Thanks for trying our suggestions and keeping us posted.

Could you let us know if you're using a VPN? If so, try disconnecting it as it might be interfering with the app.

If that's not the case, to help us narrow down the possible cause of this issue, could you try on a different device and let us know how it goes? If possible, it'd also be helpful if you could try using another account, like a friend's or relative's.

Lastly, we'd like to know the Spotify version you're running.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

This is happening to me right now watching the latest Joe Rogan episode with Alex Berenson on my MacBook Pro running the latest Catelina update. Regular pauses. I’m not running a VPN and I’m on a 1Gbps connection so it’s not my connection speed. Is there an issue with buffering in the app when playing video?

Hi! Got the same problem only with joe rogan experience when I pause and play the podcast won’t resume 

Hey there @JAM80 and @micker96,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Can you confirm if you've followed the troubleshooting steps that been provided in this thread?

It would also be great if you can let us know which device this occurs on and what happens if you log in with another account on the device.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I’ve done the steps. I am using IPhone SE 2020

Hey again @micker96,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Can you let us know if the issue occurs when you're logged in on another device as well, and also if it occurs if you're logged into another account on the device?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Podcasts stop and return me to the home screen very regularly, right about every 30 minutes, while watching podcast video on AndroidTV.

I'm using the spotify app on the new chromecast running AndroidTV. I have made sure Spotify app and AndroidTV are up to date. I have reinstalled the Spotify app. I have tired a different Spotify account. I have a strong connection and am not using a VPN.

This is clearly a spotify bug. It is a hundred percent not acceptable to have to re-launch the spotify app 6 times to watch 1 podcast.

Hey @donkdonk,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Just to double-check- does the issue occur when you try playing a video from a podcast thorough your Chromecast? If it does, this is an expected behavior. Currently we don't support this functionality through Chromecast.

You can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

In case the issue occurs without using Chromecast, we'd suggest you try on another device. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Exactly the same problem on my desktop computer... Music works great, but podcasts are basically useless. It would seem that this would be an easy fix from Spotify.

Hey @PerCompLLC,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

It's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

Does the issue persist on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

You can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts