Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts will not play.

Podcasts will not play.

On my device Galxy Note 8 Spotify is no longer playing any podcasts.

I can download them but they will not play.

58 Replies

Hey there @petersweden1

Help’s here!

As a first step we recommend logging out and back in to your Spotify account to make sure you refresh the app. If this doesn't do the trick, try a clean reinstall to get the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

In case this persists, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

I can download and play podcast in offline mode. 

But not in regular way.

Hey there @petersweden1,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm if you performed a clean reinstall?

Also - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you can log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the experience is different.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Did it right this time 😁

Working fine.
Have a great weekend.

peter

Hey again @petersweden1,

Thank you for your reply.

It's really good to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

Thank you. You have a great weekend you too 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

What do you do next if you tried and it still doesn't work

Hi @HeHH3,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Could you tell us which steps have you followed so far? This is in order to prevent suggesting repeated steps from our end.

On another note, send us over the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your device, and tell us if this started after a recent update.

Lastly, let us know if this happens when logging in with a different account in your device (if possible).

We'll stay tuned. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have logged out, logged back in, deleted the app and redownloaded, and my podcasts will not play. 

Hi @Clparrish,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Could you send us the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed? 

On another note, tell us if this is happening when logging in with another account and with other devices. Also, let us know if the issue persists with any podcast or with other content you listen to (songs).

We'll be here waiting for your reply. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I can't listen to podcasts i can search it but when it appears after i press the podcast it gets backed my Spotify version is 8.7.28.1217

Hey @Di29,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Keep in mind podcasts aren't available in all markets. So if the troubleshooting steps shared above didn't work for you, It'd be awesome if you could share with us the region/country registered in your account, this way we can check if that's the case.

We'll keep an eye on your response!

CarlosEModerator

This is happening to me to. I just got a new phone (iPhone 12) and Spotify wont play most podcasts (but it will play some)  and will play music just fine. I have done a clean reinstall etc. I also made a new free account and the same thing happens i.e. the same podcasts that will play play and the ones that don't play don't. So any advice would be appreciated. 

I am experiencing this issue too. I just finished a podcast this morning and now I can't listen to any others; they will not play. Music still works. I've tried updating, logging in and logging out and doing a clean restart. Assistance would be appreciated.

Same boat. I was halfway through listening to a podcast last week, tried to listen to the rest just now and it doesn't play. Done all the various logging out things.

I am also now having this issue all of a sudden. I am having the issue on the Spotify app for iPhone, the Spotify app for PC, and the Spotify web browser and similar to others, the issue is only affecting podcasts. Music plays just fine on all devices but when I click on a podcast on the mobile or pc app versions, the timer on the podcast stays at zero and does not play. Pressing pause/play does nothing. Interestingly enough, when I try to play a podcast from the web browser, the podcast selected will automatically slowly skip forwards through the next 4 episodes before stopping on the 5th one where it will continue to refuse to play. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the iPhone app which did not help. I have also tried clearing the cache, logging out, and performing a clean reinstall on my PC but that did not help either. Please help.

Same issue. Randomly decided it was going to stop allowing me to play podcasts at all, on all my devices. What is going on? Music plays fine!

Same here! Was listening fine this afternoon but couldn’t this evening. Music is fine; only specific podcasts seem to be affected. Some of my podcasts play, others don’t. HELP!

Device: iPhone 12

Operating System: iOS 15.5

Spotify Version: 8.7.34

Spotify won’t play any podcasts. It will play the episode I was previously listening to but if I click anything else it does nothing. Music plays fine. I closed & reopened the app, I switched between Wi-Fi and Cellular Data,  I restarted my phone, I deleted & redownloaded, I logged out and back in. Nothing changed. Is there anything else I can do?

The same thing is happening to me as well! As balegdah stated, “when I try to play a podcast from the web browser, the podcast selected will automatically slowly skip forwards through the next 4 episodes before stopping on the 5th one where it will continue to refuse to play”. Not sure why this is happening, but this seems to be an issue with Spotify as a whole and not with my phone (as I assumed it was at first). 

Suggested posts