Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts won't play!

Solved!

Podcasts won't play!

For the past week every time I go on to listen to a podcast it won't play. I'll press on it and it appears as though it is about to play but then Spotify just closes itself. Bizarrely, music plays as normal. 

It does this for every podcast I listen to and only on my phone. It will play on my laptop. Every time I want to listen to a podcast at the moment I have to reinstall Spotify. I can't turn off the podcast either as when I do the same thing will happen and I have to reinstall Spotify again which is extremely annoying. Once one podcast is playing I can't switch to another either. 

Plan

Premium 

Country

UK

Device

Huawei

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Mate @CSP1993,

So Sorry To Know The Trouble You Are Facing.. Your Issue Will Surely Get Handled With Expert Care By A Spotify Expert (Rockstar / Moderator).. However, For The Time Being, Request You To Kindly Cast A Vote Here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-App-keeps-crashing-whenever-I-try-listening-... Cause A Similar Issue Is Under Investigation And Is Avilable For Casting Vote..

Hope The Issue Gets Resolved As The Earliest.. Take Care And Stay Safe Dear..

Regards,
Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Mate @CSP1993,

So Sorry To Know The Trouble You Are Facing.. Your Issue Will Surely Get Handled With Expert Care By A Spotify Expert (Rockstar / Moderator).. However, For The Time Being, Request You To Kindly Cast A Vote Here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-App-keeps-crashing-whenever-I-try-listening-... Cause A Similar Issue Is Under Investigation And Is Avilable For Casting Vote..

Hope The Issue Gets Resolved As The Earliest.. Take Care And Stay Safe Dear..

Regards,

You should ask the support side of the application, to bring out the best answer

Hi @CarolHansen,

Thank You So Much For Your Suggestion Dear.. I Will Surely Do That.. And Will Try To Answer As Correctly As Possible.. Sorry For My Mistakes.. Thanking You For Showing Me The Right Path..

Regards,

I followed this link and I cleared the data as they advised. Reinstalled Spotify and seems to be working ☺️ Thanks

Suggested posts