Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Huawei YII6

Operating System

(Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

1. Podcasts won't play but it worked fine two days ago. Keep getting "Something went wrong" error message when I try to open any podcast. Music works fine. Reinstalled the app but problem remains.
10 Replies

Podcasts won't play but it worked fine two days ago. Keep getting "Something went wrong" error message when I try to open any podcast. Music works fine. Reinstalled the app but problem remains.

I had the same issue as you!(I also posted my concerns but no one's written back yet) oddly enough, my podcasts also stopped working around the same time as yours. I wonder if there was a new update or something that messed it up

Probably.

I read your post before I sent my inquiry.

And yes, no one has answered me either.

Hope they can come up with a solution.

I really don't want to lose all of my saved songs.

Thanks for your reply.

Hey @dhalltoyo,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Along the lines of what we're trying with @Alyssie, would you mind checking if there's any available software updates for your Huawei? It's good to check and double-check since the latest version of Spotify should be running smoothly if your device's operating system is also up-to-date.

If you perform any updates, it'd also be good to make sure you’re allowing the app to run in the background and disabled any task-killer, cache-cleaning or battery-saver apps as well as to restart your device before logging in again.

Let us know how this goes. We're looking forward to your update and we're here if you need help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply. I had already done all that you suggested.

Looking back, this problem occurred after the latest Spotify update.

Hey @dhalltoyo,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We've created an Ongoing Issue about this and it'd be great if you'd take a look at it by clicking here.

If you already tried following the steps in the Status Update, it’d be great if you’d add your vote (by clicking +VOTE) and subscribe to stay up-to-date with how this develops.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator

I have a similar situation, whenever I want to listen to specific podcasts (reply all or supernatural) and try to listen to the podcast on my Google home mini, it will take a few minutes before being able to play, and when it does play, it cuts every other second (despite having a good connection!!!) Other podcasts don't have this problem, but the ones I've mentioned do this constantly. I don't know what to do, I tried to redownload Spotify, but the problem persists. 

I am having a similar problem now. Podcasts will play in the app, but with no sound. Music works fine. Confirmed I updated to the latest version, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but no change. Podcasts work fine in browser, it's just in the app that they play with no sound.

Hey there @fishyay and @Rascalin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

To the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, we'd like to add a few more. Can you also restart the device? Then you can log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, we'd suggest to give these steps a go and clean the cache. 

@fishyay Does this issue occur when you play podcasts without the Google Home Mini? If you use Connect and the same WiFi network, we'd suggest to also try restarting the router.

@Rascalin It's a good idea to try with another account. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi,

As a first step, we recommend logging out and back into your Spotify account to make sure you refresh the app. If this doesn't do the trick, try a clean reinstall to get the latest app version with all necessary updates.

Thanks and Best Regards:

Corporate Podcast Production

Suggested posts