Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium features on Android

Solved!

Premium features on Android

If you've got a question about syncing your music offline on an Android device, we have a couple FAQs here: 

Listen offline

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.

2. Tap Available Offline to ON at the top of the playlist.

3. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it’s available.

4. Turn on Offline Mode in Settings > Playback and tapping the switch at the top.

How do I remove my offline devices?

1. Log into your account on our website.
  2. Click Offline Devices at the top.
  3. Click REMOVE to reset an individual device or REMOVE ALL DEVICES to reset all offline devices on your account.

Why does Spotify sometimes top syncing offline playlists?

If tracks or playlists aren't fully syncing, check:

• The device is not in sleep mode.
  • There is enough free space to sync the songs (we recommend 1GB or more).
  • The device has an active Internet connection.
  • You haven't reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device.

Can I listen offline on more than one device?

Yes. You can save playlists for offline use on up to 3 devices. For example, you could use offline mode on your computer, tablet, and mobile phone at the same time. If you attempt to use offline mode on more than three devices, the oldest registered device won't work offline.

How many tracks can I sync to my device?

With a Spotify Premium subscription, you can sync for offline use 3,333 tracks from the Spotify catalogue on each device (phone, tablet, computer, etc.). If you're syncing your local files, there is no limit.

Have another question? Post it here and a member of the Community can help!

132 Replies

Samsung Starts Seeding Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For Galaxy Tab 4 10.1

I purchased a premium membership today, received confirmation, and it shows that I have a premium subscription. However it isn't recognizing the premium upgrade on either my tablet or my android phone. I've logged out/in and deleted/re downloaded the app, still shows as the free version. Any tips on fully activting the premium account?

@kipinkerton wrote:
I purchased a premium membership today, received confirmation, and it shows that I have a premium subscription. However it isn't recognizing the premium upgrade on either my tablet or my android phone. I've logged out/in and deleted/re downloaded the app, still shows as the free version. Any tips on fully activting the premium account?

It can take a while to replicate through; especially if you upgraded on a different platform.. i.e. upgrading on the PC and using the Android app. I suggest trying another log out and back in again and if you still can't see it I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi.  I have been searching around online and I cannot find any information on the new spotify features, specifically podcasts, coming to Android or PC app.  Someone on here told me last week that the new features are only on Apple.  Does anyone know if or when they will be coming to the other platforms?

@wllbdg wrote:

Hi.  I have been searching around online and I cannot find any information on the new spotify features, specifically podcasts, coming to Android or PC app.  Someone on here told me last week that the new features are only on Apple.  Does anyone know if or when they will be coming to the other platforms?

these features are coming to Android soon. Some are currently in testing already

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi there, I have a premium account, and I have this question, how the my music option works in terms of using Spotify in both PC and android device, I mean, when I save an album on the PC app,should be saved in Android app too right? And vice versa, from Android to PC. I ask that because sometimes I do save an album on PC but I can't find it on my Android app,or save an album to Android app and I can't find it on PC app

wie kann ich musik über den philips fideli abspielen? über spotify connect wird das gerät nicht angezeigt. gibt es eine möglichkeit ohne bluetoothdongle?

Alguien me podria ayudar como darme de baja con el paquete premium

@Mariogonza123

To cancel your subscription, you need to sign into this page:

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/

Also check out the help guide:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ho problemi di conessioni su spotify..sia su il mio android che su il tablet, non riesco a fare il login!!!! apare conessioni in corso e li si ferma e non entra più!!! il mio abbonamento è premium,ho inviato una mail per assistenza e aspeto una risposta più presto possibile. Qualcuno potresti aiutarmi?!

This will seem such a basic question but I can't see it covered so...

I have Spotify Premium on my PC, works fine. But when I download the app for my Samsung Galaxy S4 it only allows me to Shuffle, saying I need to "upgrade to premium" to get rid of shuffle. I'm already on Premium, so how can I make the app see this? I'm logged in correctly so it's not that. Any help would be great.

Thanks

TH

Hello.I became premium member yesterday via Cosmote(my mobile provider).I want to save some albums in my mobile storage so I can hear them offline but there isn't any option to do that.Only to some albums and not to those I realy want.What is the problem?

How can i sync all songs to offline mode with a single click?

I have many Playlist and many single songs, and i'm also switching 2 Times a year to new android devices.

And i must always click for many hours up to bloody thumbs to switch all song to offline.

Pls build a allinonce2offline button

I use PayPal if you don't want to use a credit card. 

I took Spotify off of my phone because even though I was using it offline it was eating up my data.  It used over 1G in less than a month..  I had to ask my carrier for more data, it was getting too expensive.  Now I just listen on my PC.

I purchased a premium signature, but on my phone it keeps showing as if it was the free version. I disconected all the other devices and restantes and reinstalled the APP, but it is still on the free version. How should i Proceedings?

best premium feature is "No internet connection available" on WIFI

How do I stop my 7 day free trial

Track no longer play in order after update. On both my tablet and phone. I am a premium user. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Am I doing something wrong here?

Is there a way to get suggested songs, like when you shuffle play an artist or song on mobile with a free subcripton, with premium?

Hi all,

I've been a Premium user for about 3 months now and I mainly use Spotify at work on my phone in Offline Mode. I like to shuffle all of my playlists and ideally I only want to do that about maybe twice a week max as they are large and I want variety and minimal repeats during the week.

The problem I get now is that when I pause a song in Offline and put the Spotify app in the background whether it be for overnight until the next day or just 15 minutes, the track dissappears from where it was playing so that nothing is now playing and I have to re-shuffle again. This is very frustrating. I want to be able to pick up where from I left off, is that too much to ask?

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks.

Suggested posts