Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with displaying song details

Problem with displaying song details

Plan

Free

Country

Vietnam

Device

Samsung Galaxy E7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi, please help me with this issue. I don't know why, when I tap on the song title (to see its details), my screen turns black like this:Screenshot.png

And it stops playing music whenever I lock my phone screen 😞

11 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Sorry to bother you again, I did as you said, but it didn't work. 

The Spotify / Android version I've been using is 8.4.64.555 / 5.1.1

Hey @KhanhPham,

I'm not bothered at all, I just want your problem to be solved 🙂

Could you please try signing in with another account and if possible could you try signing in with your account on a device with similar specs to see if the issue persists?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I tried, but it's still not working.

Hey @KhanhPham,

Is your issue similar to this one here?

Thanks!

Yes, that's it! Thank god I'm not alone.

Hey @KhanhPham,

Thanks for letting me know!

Please make sure you have followed every single step I offered in my previous posts 🙂

I will let the right folks at Spotify know about this 🙂

Thanks! 

You're more than welcome! 🙂

I'll come back here to ask you for more details to better troubleshoot this issue 🙂

Hey @KhanhPham,

It's possible thay you may have a pending firmware update on your device. Could you double check this?

If there is one available, please go ahead and update the firmware and check if Spotify stops misbehaving after that.

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

I thought that too, so I checked it before and one more time today, but there's still no update available.
Screenshot2.png

Suggested posts