Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue Button moved

Solved!

Queue Button moved

Spotify has moved the queue Button from the bottom right of the now playing screen. Now it's a two step process to get to my queue, which I use constantly. Is this from a new update? Why is Spotify making the user interface less user friendly? How can I change this back? 

None of the information below is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9+)

Operating System

(Android)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @oweningyou, @agent712 and @AzgotheDefiler,

Thanks for posting here about this! 

We want to let you know that this is a test. Since you'd prefer to have the queue button where it was before, we encourage you to head to this idea and add your vote to support it.

We hope this sheds some light on the subject!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

It wouldn't be Spotify if they didn't make their users go "nobody asked for this" at every update... I think the developers are bored, and instead of looking at the community here for ideas THAT PEOPLE WANT, they just go with what they want instead.

Today on Spotify messing features which didn't needed any change ! And How to make the UI less user-friendly . Who in their right mind thought that Share button needs to be given preference over Queue button ?

Marked as solution

Hey there @oweningyou, @agent712 and @AzgotheDefiler,

Thanks for posting here about this! 

We want to let you know that this is a test. Since you'd prefer to have the queue button where it was before, we encourage you to head to this idea and add your vote to support it.

We hope this sheds some light on the subject!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It's super simple: sharing a song from Spotify brings more of your friends to Spotify, which leads to more revenue for Spotify. So even though users might use the queue feature 20 times a day and share perhaps 1 song a week, it makes more sense for Spotify to prioritize the share feature.

As an app developer, I'm can guarantee you Spotify has access to these metrics. And they can see the ratio of sharing versus viewing the queue is totally disproportionate. But what they are testing is whether placing the share button more prominently would lead to a decent enough increase in number of shares as well as uptake in premium subscriptions to warrant the massive sacrifice in usability.

I've always hoped that Spotify, being a non-USA company, would not deteriorate to this. But capitalism always wins. The market, not the users.

This is the correct link to vote for the Re-enable queue on now-playing screen. The one posted by the Spotify agent did not work for me

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Playlists-Re-enable-queue-on-now-playing-screen/...

I dont even know how to access the queue now.. I use it constantly and this update is such a pain in the ass.. It woudlnt be too hard to at least give us an option to change the layout but no. 

Please help me 

Hey @soeni77,

It depends. If you are listening to a playlist then select the 3 dots in the corner and it will expand showing the queue.

However, they have removed the queue feature altogether for the 'Song Radio' and 'Radio' listening options. Stupid I know. If you want to see what song(s) are next you will need to:

1. Open the now-playing-screen
  2. Open the 'Radio'/'Song Radio' you are listening to by clicking the name of your Radio station at the top
  3. Scroll down to the song currently playing
  4. Then look at the order

Stupid... just stupid

Queue button Playlist vs Song Radio .png

Try reinstalling the app. Worked for me.

it did not for me

The go to queue was what i needed.. 

I always sort out the songs that i dont care about for right now so this is complete bs for me!

Thanks for your assistance 🙂

The link provided to vote to go back is broken, I need my queue button back where it was!

Yes this update is terrible the queue needs to be accesible.  Spotify needs to fix this.

This update is garbage. Now I have to click the 3 dots in the top right to access the queue!? When I click the dots I also get the spinning green circle for a second as it loads the next menu. 

Please put the queue button back where it was. PLEASE!

Screenshot_20200721-160011.png

On my iPod, I don’t even have a link to my queue when I click the triple dots at the top right corner. Only thing I can do with my queue is to add songs. Spotify is such trash on mobile that I’m tempted to just get rid of it and use it only on the computer which sucks because I love listening to music when I’m cleaning.

Suggested posts