Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Queue button broken (greyed out)

Solved!

Queue button broken (greyed out)

Plan

Premium (Student)

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I use the queue function often to see what songs I've added and rearrange/remove them, as well as see what auto-play has put in shuffle. A few days ago the queue would not show auto-play songs but I could see the songs I added manually. Now I cannot even open the queue, as the icon is grayed out. I performed a hard reset of the app per recommendations from other topics and that still did not fix the problem. It did, however, fix a problem I had with my stored songs. Please fix this issue!!! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

From your screenshot it looks like you are on a radio station. As far as I can tell, they've removed the ability to view your queue when you are on a "radio" context. If you switch back to a playlist, the option should be accessible again 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Starfire1281,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

You mentioned you've tried a hard reset already; do you mind also trying a clean reinstall of the app using the relevant steps for your device listed here?

If that doesn't do the trick, do you mind sending us a screenshot of how the Queue button is appearing for you? We can then take a closer look.

Thanks - let us know how you get on!

Actually the instructions in that article were the ones I followed for resetting/reinstalling the app. I just called it something different. I know for sure that the problem is not with my device, I already did research and tried the recommendations here for app problems and nothing worked.

I have attached a screenshot of the playback tab. As you can see from the Spotify connect button compared to the queue button, it is greyed out. Nothing happens if I tap it. 

SmartSelect_20200609-062351_Spotify.jpg
Marked as solution

From your screenshot it looks like you are on a radio station. As far as I can tell, they've removed the ability to view your queue when you are on a "radio" context. If you switch back to a playlist, the option should be accessible again 🙂

I don't know how or why but it started working the day after I posted my reply to this thread. I do know that 90% of the time I listen from a playlist but it being on radio could have been the reason.

Thanks anyways though!

Crappy experience- works on iPhone but on flakey on Android.

As I navigate around it gets greyed out then can't seem to recover.

Same on both Android devices. Works on both iPhone devices. 

Something wrong with state management on Android app.

Doesn't show on my Android, but my daughter on the same playlist can see the queue in her iPhone...  Looks like an Android but

Hey @plthatfunkymusic,

Sorry to see you've been affected by this!

Could you go over the abovementioned steps for a clean reinstall by @Peter and let us know if anything changes?

Should the issue persist, we'd kindly like to ask you to attach a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts