Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Note 10 +

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I have a sound bar with a built-in "Spotify Connect" and a built-in "Chromeast". It's a Logitech SJ9, but I don't think that matters. However, when connecting Spotify to the speaker you can switch between the two modes "Spotify Connect" and "Chromecast". When using "Chromecast" everything works fine and I can edit the current cue, sort things, tap on another sond to switch to it, delete songs from the queue, etc. Using "Spotify Connect" the whole queue is greyed out; I can't do anything than view it. However, it works in the Windows-desktop-app even in "Spotify Conect"-mode.

Yes, I did a clean install, cleared all caches, restarted router, phone, speaker.

8 Replies

Hey @tigaaa,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend trying to restart your router and checking if Connect works better over a different network, like a mobile hotspot.

You can also run a factory reset on the sound bar and checking whether there are any available firmware updates.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry but that didn't help. It's a problem in the android app where I can't edit the cue when in Spotify Connect mode. It's greyed ou, as I said. Moving and deleting songs from the cue is easily possible when in the desktop app. I attach two screenshots of the cue of my android app: one with the greyed out cue when in "Spotify Connect" mode and one when in "Chromecast" mode.

Screenshot_20210613-120321_Spotify.jpg

 and here's the working cue:

Screenshot_20210613-120442_Spotify.jpg

Hi there @tigaaa,

Thank you for your reply and for the screenshots.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

-----

Hi Jeremy and thanks for trying to help.

I did a clean install and the problem stays the same. I checked it out on three android devices (Samsung Note 10 plus, Huawei P30 Pro (without SD Card), Samsung Tab) and all of them show the same behaviour as described. I checked the following:

• Case 1: Soundbar connected via Spotify Connect, is active Player
    • Android Phone as a remote shows cue as uneditable
    • Windwos as a remote shows cue editable as usual
  • Case 2: Soundbar connected via built in Chromecast, is active Player
    • Android Phone  as a remote shows cue editable as usual
  • Case 3: Windows connected via Spotify Connect, is active Player
  • Case 3: Android Tablet connected via Spotify Connect, is active Player

So the only problem seems to be the combination Android as a remote with the sondbar / built in "Spotify Connect". I also resetted the soundbar ...

Hi @tigaaa,

Thanks for the detailed info and troubleshooting you've gone through.

This looks like there might be some particular setting or networking protocol on the soundbar which is limiting the usability of Android phones.

We've passed this info on to the right team at Spotify, however we don't have any official information when or if this will be fixed. It's always a good idea to keep your apps up to date, to not miss a new release which might have improvements in it.

We'll let you know in here as soon as we hear something.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you! As I said it's a LG SJ9 🙂

Hello everyone.

I have similar issue. When I connect to my soundbar via Spotify connect my queue is totally broken. When I add only 1 song it just ignores it. When add playlist 1st song is still ignored but next songs plays okay. But if I want to change order of songs it displays that it was changed but when those song should be played it simply deletes and is ignored again.

When I am not using Spotify connect it works okay.

Suggested posts