Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queued tracks not playing

Queued tracks not playing

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I play spotify all day and I usually can queue up a whole day of podcasts and let it continue without issues. Recently the queued music will play the first podcast and then stop and not continue with what is queued. It allows me to open the spotify app but I can't see what is currently playing or the queue in order to continue. So now everytime I have to go in and select the next podcast. I've uninstalled the app and it didn't help.

5 Replies

Hey there @CherryP13,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

So we can take a closer look, could you let us know the version of the app you're currently rocking?

If possible, we'd also suggest trying the following:

• Restart your device
  • Refresh your network connection. Alternatively, you can try connecting to a different WiFi or 3G/4G network and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

The version is 8.40.70.666

I have tried on both wifi and with my own data and nothing has helped, also restarted my phone before I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.

Hey @CherryP13.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Perhaps something is wrong with the cache. Could you please follow the next few steps for a more thorough reinstallation:

1. Head here and remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, open Storage and clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch the device off and wait two minutes
  6. Switch the phone back on
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

If that doesn't help, could you try it our with a different account you might have to your disposal? That way we can find out if this is something account related.

Let us know what the result is. Have a nice day!

I've tried all those steps and still didn't work for me. I create a queue but the app ignores it. As soon as the song/podcast I'm listening to ends, it just stops and does not even show the queue. When I play another song/podcast and click on "go to queue" it's like the one I created before never existed.

Hi @luizaaaa,

Thank you for posting on this thread.

Since you already performed the steps on this thread, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

Also, does this happen in other devices? 

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts