Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio plays from search

Radio plays from search

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8 active

Operating System

Android 8.0.0 (no updates available) 

My Question or Issue

When I search for a song and click to play, spotify automatically starts that song's radio. Which makes it difficult when the song i click doesn't have a radio and i get an error. 

10 Replies

Hey @Spectrre1611,

That sounds odd! Does it happen wherever you click to play a track? For example, if you're on an artist page and click a song in an album. 

Keep us posted, 

/T

No only in search and on radio search. 

Hey @Spectrre1611

Got it, for search this is likely the Autoplay feature - which automatically plays simlar songs when your music ends. You can switch this off under the 'Playback' section of your settings.

We hope this helps!

/T

Nope. Tried that before, tried again just now. The picture attached is one such song I'm aware that doesn't have radio so it shows what I mean with an error.

Screenshot_20180907-114215_Spotify.jpg

Just wanted to say that the picture was before I started actually driving. 

Don't use your phone while driving... I have responded to too many accidents because of such..

Hey @Spectrre1611,

It's great to hear that you take safety first 🙂 

We can see that you're using the Waze integration. Does this happen only when using Spotify with Waze, or even when using Spotify stand-alone?

Have you experienced this with other tracks?  

With or without integration on.  And yes with other songs too.

Hey again @Spectrre1611,

Thanks for keeping us posted. We'd like to recreate this from our side. For this, we need two things (you don't have to use Waze):

• Step by step description of how this happens with as many details as possible, from starting the app til getting the error message.
  • The URI of the track that didn't work. 

Thanks!

https://open.spotify.com/track/0gE1PX3iWqTeM4SrGDmVkE

This is the rattling bog song that I know gives the error. It's the first one in search with various artists. 

I start spotify, search and click all songs. Click one and it starts playing (radio station). Or it gives the error.

Hey @Spectrre1611,

Thanks for sending that over, we're unable to recreate this on our. Could you try reinstalling the app to see if it makes a difference?

Keep us posted, 

/T

Suggested posts