Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random crash on Samsung S7 Edge

Solved!

Random crash on Samsung S7 Edge

I am having an increasingly annoying problem with my Android app. In certain playlists, it crashes on certain songs. It just freezes completely, and refuses to continue playing. It does not help to use the next-button to skip it, and it does not even help to close the app (via task manager). And even worse, rebooting the device does not help either.

Eventually Spotify will start working again, but it can take anything from 10 minutes to several hours. If the app tries to play that same song later, it will crash again (always at the same location in the song).

My playlists are store offline, on an SD-card. I had the same issue when I did not use SD-card, and it has been going on for months now. The SD-card is a fast one, made to be used in mobile phones.

I have tried to clear the app cache, and turned offline availablility off and on for the playlists. It does not help - the problem eventually comes back.

This problem makes me consider changing provider, as it pretty much completely destroys my music experience in my car (where Spotify is my only source).

Please advice on how to fix this isse.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It sounds like your cache has become corrupted. Try reinstalling spotify following all the steps here (especially removing the com.spotify.music folder) and see if it helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

It sounds like your cache has become corrupted. Try reinstalling spotify following all the steps here (especially removing the com.spotify.music folder) and see if it helps.

I have tried the suggested steps now, let me see if this fixes it. 

Suggested posts