Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some song not found in offline mode search

Hello, Sometimes when I search for songs that I know the name of I get no results for the song that I'm looking for. But then I go to my playlist and then I see that the song is right there all well and synced. I find this a strange appearance. I hop...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   Sometimes when I search for songs that I know the name of I get no results for the song that I'm looking for. But then I go to my playlist and then I see that the song is right there ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't download music

Recently whenever a Spotify download is done a message appears and says I can't download in more than 3 devices. Thing is I only use my PC and my android , and I only download songs in this last one.Can someone help me? I'm about to cancel my subscri...

• Recently whenever a Spotify download is done a message appears and says I can't download in more than 3 devices. Thing is I only use my PC and my android , and I only download songs in this last one....
  • SpotCreated
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stream keeps jittering, glitching

Hey guys,starting to get pretty **bleep** frustrated here. Ever since the latest update (or something, don't know the origin of the problem but it has persisted for more than a week now) the stream quality has been just bull**bleep**. If I listen on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, starting to get pretty **bleep** frustrated here. Ever since the latest update (or something, don't know the origin of the problem but it has persisted for more than a week now) the stre...
  • marianne_taylor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Lock Screen Controls Disappearing

I wasn't sure where to go looking for this issue. I found many hits that relate to my problem in different ways on different devices, but none of those fixes really worked for me. Device: OnePlus One running Cynageon Mod 11s (4.4.4) I don't know if t...

Play Back Controls Working Play Back NOT Working
  • Visitor
  • I wasn't sure where to go looking for this issue. I found many hits that relate to my problem in different ways on different devices, but none of those fixes really worked for me.    Devi...
  • JohnTerburg
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Editing playlists

can i edit my spotify playlists with free version?

• Casual Listener
  • can i edit my spotify playlists with free version?
  • MrDavo
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

not a premium and have the same access as your computer when playing music(on phone/tablet).

Ok so I dont know what I did but all I know is I probably broke spotify by accident. If anyone else did this plz speak up also can we fix the bug where spotify crashes and stops the music and no matter what you do to fix it the music wont continue un...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok so I dont know what I did but all I know is I probably broke spotify by accident. If anyone else did this plz speak up also can we fix the bug where spotify crashes and stops the music and no matt...
  • SpotCreated
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

bye bye spotify

After a month giving spotify a last try i decided to cancel my subscription.why?Because android app is completely terrible, when i want to listen to music in my phone i dont wanna restart the app 6 times in a row because its frozen, when i want to li...

• After a month giving spotify a last try i decided to cancel my subscription. why? Because android app is completely terrible, when i want to listen to music in my phone i dont wanna restart the app...
  • MrDavo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download more songs

I have enough space in my SD card but Spotify won't let me download more songs. Please help me

• I have enough space in my SD card but Spotify won't let me download more songs. Please help me
  • MrDavo
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

(Android) Headset triple click does not go to previous song like most music platforms

On the iOS Spotify app and most Android music players, triple clicking the headset button goes to the previous track. On the Android Spotify app, triple clicking skips two songs forward. This is a very basic feature missing from the Android version o...

• Casual Listener
  • On the iOS Spotify app and most Android music players, triple clicking the headset button goes to the previous track. On the Android Spotify app, triple clicking skips two songs forward.   Thi...
  • musicamanda
  • 1 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 34 likes

Playback stutter continuously while playing using mobile data

I looked up and can not find a solution to this. Since yesterday every song I play stutter repeatedly. So far, it does not happen when I play with wifi to my sonos system, only with mobile connection using headphones.I have a samsung S6- I have over ...

• Visitor
  • I looked up and can not find a solution to this. Since yesterday every song I play stutter repeatedly. So far, it does not happen when I play with wifi to my sonos system, only with mobile connection...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play Everything is Alright by TheGloriousSons

the song is no where to be found on my playlist I had it download on, and whenever I search for it, it doesnt show up, but when I look at the artist, it's there, but doesn't play and none of the option buttons show up. what's up with that?

• the song is no where to be found on my playlist I had it download on, and whenever I search for it, it doesnt show up, but when I look at the artist, it's there, but doesn't play and none of the opti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Opcion de almacenamiento sd desapareció

Hace una semana que todas mis canciones descargadas se eliminaron de mi tarjeta sd y la opción de cambiar el almacenamiento desaparecióTelefono: Huawei y6iiAndroid:6.0Cuenta Premium

• Hace una semana que todas mis canciones descargadas se eliminaron de mi tarjeta sd y la opción de cambiar el almacenamiento desapareció Telefono: Huawei y6ii Android:6.0 Cuenta Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Previous track buttn has never worked

How has no one noticed this in the years this app has been around? Twitter is not a support channel.This is not legitimate business practice.Spotify you make bank. Fix your software.The previous track button does not work.Historical queue does not ex...

• Casual Listener
  • How has no one noticed this in the years this app has been around?   Twitter is not a support channel. This is not legitimate business practice. Spotify you make bank.  Fix your softwa...
  • charzon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Why the **bleep** do I have to press 2 buttons now to get to the playing queue?

Why? This really makes me angry, I am probably going to switch to either a cracked version of the app without paying or just use YMusic. This was really unnecessary, I used the queue button a lot.

• Casual Listener
  • Why? This really makes me angry, I am probably going to switch to either a cracked version of the app without paying or just use YMusic. This was really unnecessary, I used the queue button a lot.
  • charzon
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifation panel controls and lock screen controls not working

The notification panel Controls for spotify and lock screen controls are not showing up. I have tried for two days to fix this and support won't reply back to me. I have done everything possible as far as fresh install, change permissions and notific...

• The notification panel Controls for spotify and lock screen controls are not showing up. I have tried for two days to fix this and support won't reply back to me. I have done everything possible as f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Multiroom music stops playing

Hi. Using a Samsung multiroom M7 and Samsung tab s with spotify.after playing 5 to 10 minutes spotify stops playing. I have to Press the play button again and the reconnect to the multiroom. It happens a Lot of - Times. The internet connection is sta...

• Regular
  • Hi.    Using a Samsung multiroom M7 and Samsung tab s with spotify.after playing 5 to 10 minutes spotify stops playing. I have to Press the play button again and the reconnect to the mult...
  • michaelgreg
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

App freezes but still plays music

I have a Galaxy S7, and lately my Spotify app has been acting up. Every once in a while the entire app itself will freeze, but it'll still be playing music. The pull-down from the notification bar will display whatever song was on previously, and I c...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Galaxy S7, and lately my Spotify app has been acting up. Every once in a while the entire app itself will freeze, but it'll still be playing music. The pull-down from the notification bar wi...
  • jp_onelove
  • 23 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 5 likes

Persian musics

Once I wrote what I need ,please just help to get spotify and enjoy listening persian traditional musics.thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Once I wrote what I need ,please just help to get spotify and enjoy listening persian traditional musics.thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Use SD card for phone with Spotify preinstalled

Hello everyone, I am using Spotify Premium on a Sony X Performance phone. The phone came with Spotify preinstalled, meaning I can't deinstall and install it again. I can only disable it. I'm saying this because my Spotify app can't see my SD card, an...

• Hello everyone,   I am using Spotify Premium on a Sony X Performance phone. The phone came with Spotify preinstalled, meaning I can't deinstall and install it again. I can only disable it. &n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast elite connectivity

Hello there, I'm having trouble using my android phone and Windows PC to operate and stream spofify on my Chromecast Elite. Chromecast is plugged into my amplifier which I use to play music and as a gate to my TV. Many times it does work without any ...

• Hello there,   I'm having trouble using my android phone and Windows PC to operate and stream spofify on my Chromecast Elite.    Chromecast is plugged into my amplifier which I use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes