Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Disappearing Songs

Does anyone know of any way to recover songs saved for offline playing that disappeared into the ether? I downloaded my playlists for an overseas trip and found a few that I really liked. Unfortunately, they were on Discover Weekly and the second I g...

• Does anyone know of any way to recover songs saved for offline playing that disappeared into the ether? I downloaded my playlists for an overseas trip and found a few that I really liked. Unfortunate...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download playlists go to saved songs folder

I have Spotify on my Google pixel and Everytime i download a playlist it just gets saved to my saved songs list. This is very frustrating as it won't let me listen to individual playlists. I have done a clean program reinstall and rebooted my phone. ...

• I have Spotify on my Google pixel and Everytime i download a playlist it just gets saved to my saved songs list. This is very frustrating as it won't let me listen to individual playlists. I have don...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chrome cast Audio

Hi, I am getting frustraited withn my chrome cast audio and have been told that spotify can fix it. When connected to CCA songs keep stopping... if i click next i have to push play again. sounds like im noit the only one with thius issue. Im really h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am getting frustraited withn my chrome cast audio and have been told that spotify can fix it. When connected to CCA songs keep stopping... if i click next i have to push play again. so...
  • ColeK-us
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 7 likes
  • audio
    CCA
    Chrome cast
    Issues
    problem
  • 10 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify connected to another device

I have a Moto z2 force 2 and my Spotify account keeps automatically connecting to other devices (cell phones). My WiFi is turned off. I've logged out of all other devices and changed my password multiple times. This also happened on my last phone as ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Moto z2 force 2 and my Spotify account keeps automatically connecting to other devices (cell phones). My WiFi is turned off. I've logged out of all other devices and changed my password mult...
  • Awesome74d
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify contact

I tried to contact Spotify through messaging, but every time I try I keep getting kicked off. It says that my chart will start soon, but it never does.

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to contact Spotify through messaging, but every time I try I keep getting kicked off. It says that my chart will start soon, but it never does.
  • aliyahmusic2015
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Soiled it!

Why when i change phones did i log out and log back in and everything was gone? Why is this acceptable? And why dont you people have a phone number? Kinda sad. Had 19 playlists with 50+ songs each. You have no idea how long it took to create all of t...

• Why when i change phones did i log out and log back in and everything was gone? Why is this acceptable? And why dont you people have a phone number? Kinda sad. Had 19 playlists with 50+ songs each. Y...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium get ads for concerts ??

I started up my app to play some of my favorite music. I know spotify hates it when I play my chosen music otherwise my music would be the first I see when I open spotify. Today that changed, not only are spotify trying to sell me artist like cashmer...

• Roadie
  • I started up my app to play some of my favorite music. I know spotify hates it when I play my chosen music otherwise my music would be the first I see when I open spotify. Today that changed, not onl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • stfu spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to fix downloading songs on android

Turn on app permissions, including the one for storage.

• Turn on app permissions, including the one for storage.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musics

I imported a few musics I had downloaded in my fine before and they are not working. They are darker and I can't delete them. If I press the 3 dots next to the music it only shows me the music's name.

• Casual Listener
  • I imported a few musics I had downloaded in my fine before and they are not working. They are darker and I can't delete them. If I press the 3 dots next to the music it only shows me the music's name.
  • Rafaaba
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect/Google Cast on Google Home

I will be going to university soon and want to take my Google Home with me. I know other people can connect to the Home through the spotify connect/google cast feature if they are on the same network. Is there a way to control what devices can/can't ...

• I will be going to university soon and want to take my Google Home with me. I know other people can connect to the Home through the spotify connect/google cast feature if they are on the same network...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Musica Para Sozinha

Pessoal alguem poderia me ajudar ?A reprodução da minha playlist esta parando sozinha, eu coloco para ouvir no modo off e ela para sozinha.Alguem sabe o que é isso ?

• Pessoal alguem poderia me ajudar ? A reprodução da minha playlist esta parando sozinha, eu coloco para ouvir no modo off e ela para sozinha. Alguem sabe o que é isso ?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle songs poor results

For a while now ive found that when i go into 'songs' and choose shuffle, its generating a queue with the same 3 or 4 artists from albums iv recently added.Its very frustrating to say the least and forces me to listen to a Daily Mix play list instead...

• Casual Listener
  • For a while now ive found that when i go into 'songs' and choose shuffle, its generating a queue with the same 3 or 4 artists from albums iv recently added. Its very frustrating to say the least and...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! "shuffle"/random function on android is broken to the point of being unusable.

For some time now (weeks at least) this has been an issue, "shuffle" used to work fine in the past, but has now become entirely broken on the Android app.In both windows and android apps/programs the play queue has a 50 (or thereabout) song limit. Th...

• Casual Listener
  • For some time now (weeks at least) this has been an issue, "shuffle" used to work fine in the past, but has now become entirely broken on the Android app. In both windows and android apps/programs t...
  • Lozypants
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    broken
    bug
    shuffle
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Nothing will play, straight to pause or no sound

Every song either pauses and will not play or will look like its playing but no sound. Anyone else have this? Everything was working well then nothing would play

• Every song either pauses and will not play or will look like its playing but no sound. Anyone else have this? Everything was working well then nothing would play
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App starts automatically everytime I unlock my phone

Since a few days Spotify starts everytime I unlock my Galaxy S8. I habe reinstalled and cleared cache already. I have also switched of all notifications. I am not using the widget. I use a Galaxy S3 smart watch if that is important. Does anybody have...

• Since a few days Spotify starts everytime I unlock my Galaxy S8. I habe reinstalled and cleared cache already. I have also switched of all notifications. I am not using the widget. I use a Galaxy S3 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot listen to specific songs

I have a really large playlist and i have spotify premium. There are a few songs on my playlist that have gone dark gray. I can't listen to them when i click on them. They're the only ones that dont have the green "downloaded" or "saved" logo on them...

• I have a really large playlist and i have spotify premium. There are a few songs on my playlist that have gone dark gray. I can't listen to them when i click on them. They're the only ones that dont ...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant visualize playlist from other user

hii have two accounts mine and my wife , i am trying to search for playlist that she created but i could not founded, the same happends to her when she try to search for a playlist that i have created.saul0824 is my user i just create another one cal...

• hi i have two accounts mine and my wife , i am trying to search for playlist that she created but i could not founded, the same happends to her when she try to search for a playlist that i have crea...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist other users
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant remove a local file from playlist(now deleted from pc) so I can't have the playlist offline

Hey, I've got a track on my playlist that is only visable on the playlist on my phone, but it's greyed out so it **bleep**s up my playlist for offline as It wont load properly even when all the other songs are downloaded. How do I remove the song fro...

• Hey, I've got a track on my playlist that is only visable on the playlist on my phone, but it's greyed out so it **bleep**s up my playlist for offline as It wont load properly even when all the other...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford SYNC AppLink - need to rescan for Spotify app after each engine restart.

After an engine restart. Spotify shows on the car screen but "Could not connect to spotify". Need to rescan for app on the car menu and it works again. Spotify app is running on phone etc, tried playing track not playing track.Other bluetooth phone f...

• Casual Listener
  • After an engine restart. Spotify shows on the car screen but "Could not connect to spotify". Need to rescan for app on the car menu and it works again. Spotify app is running on phone etc, tried play...
  • Topdawg
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

i accidentaly synced to face on spotify login and now my playlists are gone!

please help!i had to get the new version of spotify and downloaded it and accidentaly hit "log in with facebook" and now all my playlists are missing i have tried to uninstall and log on again on the other options but now it refuses my username,and e...

• Casual Listener
  • please help! i had to get the new version of spotify and downloaded it and accidentaly hit "log in with facebook" and now all my playlists are missing 😞 i have tried to uninstall and log on again o...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes