Random pause, play and next song

Random pause, play and next song

Plan: Premium

Device

(iPhone SE, Samsung Galaxy S8)

Operating System

(iOS 12.4.1, Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Hi all, since a week or two I'm experiencing weird issues on my iPhone and my Android phone. I think it has something to so with the speech assistents of both platforms.

What happpens is that when the phone is locked and playing music trough my iPhone wired headset the music starts tripping. The songs are randomly paused, skiped to the next or previous song and I have to unlock the phone to start the song again. This happpens when I have the phone in my pocket, and it is constandly doing this. It makes it impossible to use the app during a cycling trip. Sometimes when I fully close the app and restart it the issue stays away for 10 minuits, but there are also times when this doesnt help at all...

I did see a Google Assistant icon pop-up on my Android phone when I connected the headset and the songs where paused/played or skipped. At that moment when I hold my phone you can see that the interface in lockscreen is having issues. The play/pause icon is changing fast and nex/previous is being used also.

I've cleared the cache on my iPhone and Android phone, this didn't help. The issue is max 2 weeks old. I never had any issues.

Hope to hear!

4 Replies

Hey @Paul_dH thanks for reaching out to the community with your query.

It sounds like something might be interfering with your phone and or your Spotify. When you go cycling can you make sure that your body is not turning on your phone and accidentally rewinding pausing and playing? Also make sure that your headset doesn't have a set of buttons on it, because your buttons could be stuck or being accidentally pressed by you when you go cycling. If you have any other questions, or it still persists after you try these things let me know.

Jack 🙂 

Hi @Jack These issues persist also when I hold the phone in my hand. So the screen is not beint touched when Spotify is tripping. The Google Assistent icon still makes me think there could be something with that.... :S

The buttons on my headset are not the issue, these are always free 🙂

Thanks for your hints though!

Hey again @Paul_dH

Can you send me a SS of what you were seeing?

Thanks, 

Jack

Hi @Jack,

It's really hard to grab this issue in a screenshot, because it happens when the phone is locked and when I touch the phone to make a screenshot the actions are interrupted.

I'm starting to think that these issues have something to do with my headset, I'm testing this. Sadly I'm sick at home at the moment so it has to wait a bit, but I'll keep you posted!

Suggested posts