Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly pausing on Android

Randomly pausing on Android

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel 2

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify playback (both music and podcasts) randomly pauses (roughly every 15 mins). 
It shows as still playing in the mini-window I can drag down from my notification bar on my phone, but if I actually open the app full screen, it then shows as paused.

If I restart the playback in the fully open app, it will have skipped ahead by as much time as it took me to open the full app to restart. This means if I do not react to it stopping, essentially it continues playing only I can't hear anything.
This means I often lose my place in podcast episodes and when I try to go back to it, Spotify lists an episode as "listened to/ended" and I cannot listen to it again, it simply refuses to reset.

Hence I have misssed a lot of podcast content recently due to the random stopping.

It has only happened since the big update a few weeks ago that changed a lot of ways saving, liking etc. works.

I am super annoyed. 

Btw, this pausing does not occur at all if my phone is connected via AndroidAuto to my car.

Please help!

2 Replies

This keeps happening to me to, I've tried to update everything and seems to not work 

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If the issue persists try using Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options from your Spotify account.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts