Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.2)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.2)

What's new in this version:

• New: Spotify now works in landscape mode.

Notes:

This update is being released during the course of this week. If you don't get the update right away, do not worry. you will have it very soon.

As always, if you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting

Community Ergo Sum
27 Replies

Long overdue! 🙂 

If someone could post some screenshots I would love to see what it looks like!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

On the right track here, although a very long road ahead. The most important things left to fix and add are:

Add albums to existing playlists and

App tailored for tablets, especially since more and more people are starting to use Android tablets, this fact that Spotify doesn't have a tablet version of their app on Android (and does on iPad!) is very very off-putting!

How many times can I give this dude ^^^^^ thumbs up. We Android users feel like the redheaded step children and it's really starting to piss me off.

But yeah, Landscape mode ... yeah ... freakin' finally! It's ridiculous we had to wait this long.

I have been giving serious consideration to ditching Spotify, I'm not willing to wait much longer for you people to start treating your Android subscribers better.

So why does my app display the current version (0.6.0.20) in the settings, yet it does not do landscape mode? Whats going on?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/99177

@alksv wrote:

On the right track here, although a very long road ahead. The most important things left to fix and add are:

Add albums to existing playlists and

App tailored for tablets, especially since more and more people are starting to use Android tablets, this fact that Spotify doesn't have a tablet version of their app on Android (and does on iPad!) is very very off-putting!

Keep the feedback coming! More importantly, if you haven't already, add your voice to suggestions made in Spotify Ideas. (Or submit a new idea, if no one has already)

Community Ergo Sum

@ThaSnapDragon wrote:

So why does my app display the current version (0.6.0.20) in the settings, yet it does not do landscape mode? Whats going on?

I had the same question, until I realized: 0.6.0.2 <> 0.6.2.

Community Ergo Sum

It's a bit confusing as the version names are very similar but more so because the Spotify app page in the store lists 'landscape mode' as a new addition, even if when updating you only get the 0.6.0.20 version.

In my store (Poland) it doesn't mention landscape but I really don't like the way the sidebar info has been changed to show:

UPDATED:May 28, 2013

CURRENT VERSION:Varies with device

REQUIRES ANDROID:Varies with device

Why cant this update made available to everyone straight away? Or at the very least put it up on your website for those who do not wish to wait! And at the very least state that the update is a staggered roll out on the what's new on the play store!

😞 I want my update to arrive

@Peter wrote:

Long overdue! 🙂 

If someone could post some screenshots I would love to see what it looks like!

Peter

Just got it, here you go 🙂

Screenshot_2013-05-29-23-46-25.png

Screenshot_2013-05-29-23-46-05.png

Screenshot_2013-05-29-23-51-57.png

Looks alright! Maybe I will finally shell out for some android tablet! 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

When does this update will be rolling out?!

Not sure I'll ever use landscape mode but thanks for making it available for those who want it.

HTC One \ HTC DNA 

can download only 0.6.0.20 version. wtf? When u will release last version for all phones?

They're phasing rollout but we should all have the latest version any day now 🙂

Galaxy S3 got 0.6.2.64 

and top phones are still on 0.6.0.20....

Looks like their using the new Google Play staged roleout feature 😉

Landscape mode is nice and all, but now playlists won't download anymore. FU Spotify. I'm out, you won't see another cent from me. Go die in a ditch.

Suggested posts