Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.4)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.4)

Android Release Notes
What's new in version 0.7.4
  • New: Shiny new look for Log in and Sign up.
  • New: Artist pages now feature image galleries and track play counts. Rolling out now.
  • Fixed: Bugs, crashes and bad things.
Notes
  • We started rolling out this update today and everyone should have it by this evening.
  • Lockscreen controls on KitKat (Android 4.4) should now be fixed!
Community Ergo Sum
25 Replies

I like this note > We started rolling out this update today and everyone should have it by this evening.

I already got the update and everything seems to work (on Nexus 7 2013 Android 4.4).

I have a huge problem with the sound. The songs only play one second and then the audio stops but the song continue to play.
Samsung gallaxy s4

This update seems to have fixed the issue I was having with playlists not syncing correctly. Haven't found any other issues as of yet.

I think the m.spotify.com apk is broken, I've tried three times to install and it failed

Ahh nevermind I figured out the problem! The m.spotify.com site is still on 0.7.2 though 😞

Completely unusable on Alcatel 983. Full reinstall following proper procedures (reboot, making sure spotify com folder is gone, etc) doesn't fix the problems. You can login and browse but get Spotify is offline messages several times a minute. Songs only play for a few seconds. Some playlists won't load.

The "metadatachanged" broadcast is completely broken in this version. It was already screwed in the last few versions, always being one song behind, but now it's completely gone. At the startup of the app, there's one valid broadcast, then one or two with null values, then nothing.

I'm observing this mess with the Spotify Android client and its constant buggyness and regressions for a while now, and I'm not only feeling frustrated for myself but also ashamed for the software developers. I don't know if they have no idea of what they are doing, if there's no internal testing, if the quality control totally fails or whatever or whoever might be the reason for such screwups, but this is just beyond sad. I really really hope that the Spotify team can get their stuff together soon, otherwise this not so tiny bunch of people in this forums and elsewhere might really go through with their threads and switch to a competitor...

• New: Artist pages now feature image galleries and track play counts. Rolling out now.

Can t find that part. 

@Flakes wrote:

Can t find that part. 

I'm sorry for your frustration in this.

This feature is still rolling out, in little pieces.

Got it. Thx. German translation basically says "from now on", so that confused me.

Yes.

I wait this new feature too to come. I think it will be available on every Android in some weeks.

I cant fid the "Browse" function anywhere, what happened? I just use Spotify for that function.

Agreed, it's gone from all our devices too

Spotify are looking into why Browse has gone, keep an eye on this topic for updates. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Instead of wasting your time with "Shiny new ways to log in", you should focus on fixing messaging / inbox / friends on the Android App.

All three of these functions are broken across the entire platform. I really like Spotify, but I do feel like a beta tester.

Edit: Sorry if this might've looked like a rant, but I was frustrated. Spotify is great overall

love the new free shuffle play! (:
-Jay

It seems a little laggy to me. It takes 1-2 seconds after I press the next button for it to actually play the next song. (The music is on my device, so it's not downloading it.) It doesn't show the song and then wait a bit before playing, I hit the button and nothing happens for a few seconds.

I have started using Spotify Free on my Android because I use it all day at work; HOWEVER - on my phone it will only play 2 songs then crash. I think it is trying to find an ad to play, and for some reason it can't, so it crashes. I have to start it up on shuffle again and get 2 more songs, and then another crash.

What gives!

Hi. Could you try reinstalling spotify on your phone and, if you still have issues, please post some additional information:-

• Your phone model
  • Your android version
  • Your mobile Spotify version
  • Is this with streamed music or local files?

Suggested posts