Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.6)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.6)

What's new in version 0.7.6
  • Fixed: The free Shuffle experience is more stable.
  • Fixed: The translations are more accurate.
  • Fictitious: This app can play through Super Mario in less than 9 minutes.
Notes
  • -
Community Ergo Sum
15 Replies

@bbeckford wrote:

Still no Chromecast support! - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Indeed. But we have noticed the amount of kudos that idea is gathering, so please keep adding your kudos, if you haven't already.

Community Ergo Sum

You've noticed and yet you've announced nothing, have you also noticed all the customers in that thread leaving Spotify for Google Music because of your lack of communication?

Adding Kudos is getting really boring, 376 comments and 1,832 kudos is a pretty obvious indicator that this is something your customers want, and asking them to continue begging for it is not a great use experience.

Please at least update the status, communicate with your users and let us know what your plan is.

Hey i've got a problem that started after this update. I have crossfade activated so the music won't stop between the songs. Unfortunately Spotify now stops the song for about 2 sec when the crossfade starts. I dont know why and its realy annoying.

Today was a new update but it didn't fix the problem.I don't know what to do now.

I'm posting this benath this thread because i dont know how to open a new one and there is no thread that asnwers my problem.

@MeenoKaja wrote:

Hey i've got a problem that started after this update. I have crossfade activated so the music won't stop between the songs. Unfortunately Spotify now stops the song for about 2 sec when the crossfade starts. I dont know why and its realy annoying.

Today was a new update but it didn't fix the problem.I don't know what to do now.

I'm posting this benath this thread because i dont know how to open a new one and there is no thread that asnwers my problem.

There are other topics relating to this but they've shifted onto page 2. I'm using Crossfade right now without any issues. Maybe try reinstalling the app?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@Goodman wrote:

Indeed. But we have noticed the amount of kudos that idea is gathering, so please keep adding your kudos, if you haven't already.

I don't think you care the slightest about kudos. You just want to give people the idea that their opinion counts (while you couldn't care less about it).

If you did care there wouldn't be dozens of "not right now" ideas with over 2000 kudos while other ideas are pick up at 100 kudos.

The only thing that you do care about is money so...

...please tell me how much money you want from me to start considering Chromecast support!

next update should include a brain for sportify since it cant remeber what songs its downloaded. every 3-4 hours it keeps randomly downloading songs that its already downloaded. 

I think this update screws up the BroadcastReciever in Spotify.

The intent com.spotify.mobile.android.metadatachanged is broadcasted irregularly. 

The intent is broadcasted when I first open the app, but not when I change tracks.

I've noticed this too. It seems sporadic whn running in the background, but putting the app to the foreground will trigger the intent to be fired.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello! Recently downloaded android version 0.7.6.357 and in the "what's new" it says "fixed: logging in without facebook is possible once again" is this for new subs only? Been signing into Spotify through my Facebook account, and would like to be able to have the option to sign in through a username and password if I could.

@kal-el wrote:

Hello! Recently downloaded android version 0.7.6.357 and in the "what's new" it says "fixed: logging in without facebook is possible once again" is this for new subs only? Been signing into Spotify through my Facebook account, and would like to be able to have the option to sign in through a username and password if I could.

As you setup your account using facebook credentials this is how you must login. If you were to setup a new account direct with Spotify you would lose any of your playlists, subscriptions etc as it would appear as a completely new account.

Of course, you can do this if you want to break away from Facebook login credentials, and if you ask a moderator very nicely they may even be able to transfer your playlists across. But the easiest option of course is to remain logging in the way you setup.

Android Troubleshooting:

Try here

Community Ergo Sum

Useless update.

Buffering bug at the end is not adressed and fixed.

Let me cry 😞

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-buffering-at-end-of-every-song/td-p/665988

NO DLNA

Disappointed

Hi everyone. We just posted new release notes right here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts