Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.9.0)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.9.0)

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg

What's new in this version (2.9.0)

• New: We've made our notifications and home screen widget work beautifully with TalkBack.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
9 Replies

What is TalkBack?

@hpguru wrote:

What is TalkBack?

http://www.androidcentral.com/what-google-talk-back

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

No that TalkBack update was ages ago. The new one is a shiny new interface. When you can see it rather than a black screen that is.

Improvements:

It makes it now through 1 minute and 33 seconds of the first track of a downloaded playlist and only stops once for 3 seconds or so then resumes to the end of the track.

Only about 10 seconds now until it works out it's supposed to play the second track on the playlist.

And it plays that now for a full 40 seconds before going stop-start and non-responsive on you.

Apple's new streaming service has been announced. And you should be scared, Spotify. Very scared. Get your act together or you're has-beens.

@hpguru wrote:

What is TalkBack?

Some useless feature nobody cares about.

Getting the app to just work as it's meant to. i.e. do what the user asks it to not its own stuff is beyond them though

So midway through track 2 it goes stop/start and non-responsive again. In order to cure this I try restarting my device and it's so badly hung that I can only do that by pulling the battery out and putting it back.

So not fixed. Restart and play track 2 and decide to remove it from the playlist. It takes about 15 seconds to respond to this and actually show me the playlist without it. Once again, USER ACTION SHOULD TAKE TOP PRIORITY.

I move onto track 3 and midway through it stops and puts up whirly thing but then eventually starts showing me stuff but is stop-start again.

ESSENTIALLY YET ANOTHER UPDATE THAT FIXES NOTHING.

- Stop goes non-responsive

- Still cannot disable Spotify Connect

- Still shows me "recently played" which I don't need (I want primary focus on downloaded playlists) and hangs forever trying to get it

- No doubt sitll no feature to move tracks within a playlist.

TWICE I have had to pull the battery out of my device after Spotify went non-responsive.

It is clear that this application is only usable if you take all internet off your device.

OH DEAR YOU'VE FIXED THE WORKAROUND SO IT BREAKS USING THAT TOO.

Disabled wi-fi. Put it into data deactivated. Started playing from the start of the playlist. After all the last hour I haven't been able to enjoy my music uninterrupted. But stops twice during playback of this song.

To do what exactly when it has no internet connection I have no idea. Obviously to try to push me onto Apple..

No fix to my problems on this new release either. Volume still extremely low and the sound is rubbish - volume and sound quality is as normal quite good when listening to music from other apps on the same phone. Even worse is the annoying problem with the music stoping and starting again every 3 seconds - then stop completely at the end of a song. And with the new upgrade most of my playlist are now called Loading with 0 songs!? This is the same both online and offline with my downloaded playlists. Mostly what I see in the display now is the annoying green wheel going round and round. I have been a Premium user since the first month of Spotify in Norway, but now it is not worth paying for anymore. I think I will go back to vinyl again instead!

You'll find new release notes here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts