Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (5.3.0)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (5.3.0)

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg

What's new in this version (5.3.0)

• New: Meet our new typeface. It's called Circular and we hope you like it.
    • Fixed a bug for notifications on lock screen
    • Fixes to Settings and UI
    • Various other bug fixes & improvements

How the app release process works

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
9 Replies

Hello Daniel, I am having an issue with Spotify and the new android release, when I lock the phone or go to a different app the song will stop playing. It's only when I re-access the app the song will continue playing. I have the phone in power saver mode (s6 battery life is terrible) and I'm beginning to think the restriction of background data usage is causing this issue. This didn't happen in the previous version of android when the phone was in power saver mode. Just wondering if you have any fix for this?

@juliusf wrote:
Hello Daniel, I am having an issue with Spotify and the new android release, when I lock the phone or go to a different app the song will stop playing. It's only when I re-access the app the song will continue playing. I have the phone in power saver mode (s6 battery life is terrible) and I'm beginning to think the restriction of background data usage is causing this issue. This didn't happen in the previous version of android when the phone was in power saver mode. Just wondering if you have any fix for this?

You've already identified the issue. For more information pease see the topic here

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Circular font is very nice indeed, but I think it triggered a little visual glitch - Spotify Connect device line does not fit in bottom bar (at least on my Xperia SP device).

SpotifyBottomBar.png

Switching to playback view from the queue view was not 100% intuitive. I assumed that back button would take me there but it seems I have to press "Now playing" instead. I don't even know if this is a new feature or not but it may be confusing to some.

It would be nice to be able to rewind and forward in the queue view too.

Starting in version 5.3.xxx -> 5.5.xxx using encrypted sd card or large sd card the offline data goes missing. Off-line data is lost on reboot.

V5.2.xxx does not have this issue. Says storage location error in the notifications until the sd card is ready and available no data loss.

I have this problem too.

It's the spotify app that is causing this issue.

When syncing songs, randomly the sd card goes unmounted and becomes unusable (i have to reset the cellphone and manually unmount/dismount the sd card).

I hope the Spotify release lanched today fixes this.

I'm not using the sd card anymore because of this and i'm trying again every time the app gets an update.

Specs:

- Moto G

- Android 5.1

It happened again 😞

After trying to download a playlist, the sd card got unmounted and unusable.

We need Volume improvement. Volume output is very low. We also need the EQ back. This is my main source for music in my car. If the volume doesnt get fixed there's no need in me paying for something i'm not using.

I don't have any issues with volume level. It is the same as with previous versions.

Spotify on Android never provided its own EQ either, but I still see a shortcut to system controlled one like before.

Suggested posts