Family Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung A8

Operating System

Android 9 (Pie?)

My Question or Issue

I recently took an Android upgrade on my phone (not sure if Spotify was also recently updated) and since then, Spotify has been relentless in insisting it play in my car. If I've started something else playing (podcast on another app, some other app audio) in the car it seems spotify or android doesn't care and spotify starts playing.  If I restart the podcast on the other app and do anything on the deck, including changing volume, spotify starts playing. I turned off Car View and Autoplay in app but the app doesn't care and the same things happen. I finally got so annoyed I just deleted Spotify. This is not optimal

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @doogie99 thanks for reaching out to the community,

I am sorry to hear that, I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what we can try next.

Jack 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @doogie99 thanks for reaching out to the community,

I am sorry to hear that, I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what we can try next.

Jack 🙂

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I've restarted my phone and reinstalled Spotify. I'll see how it goes when I get back in my car. 

This Android update has been pretty sketchy but it seems to be working better after this reboot. It has largely made my phone unusable - numerous touchscreen problems, horrendous lag. I've been looking at Samsung/Android forums and there definitely seems to be issues with Pie. The problems people are describing are the same as mine.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Let me know if it happens again.

Suggested posts