Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reverse the new update

Reverse the new update

Just reverse the new update on Android.

7 Replies

This update is probably the worst I've seen of the four years I've been using Spotify. It's absolutely awful. It only serves to make the app look trendy and hurts usability in too many ways.

Honestly I could put up with almost any terrible change, but as soon as they made the SEARCH FUNCTION more difficult to use in your own library it really highlights that they have no idea what they're doing.

I agree. What were they thinking getting rid of Recently Played? Seriously considering cancelling my four year old subscription to go to another streaming service.

Yea this is terrible. Anyone have a scoop on whether this can or will be reversed before I cancel and go to Google music?

I second this motion.

If you're an Android user you can uninstall the current version and find an older apk to install. Which ive already done.

Hey everyone, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

I really don't know how much impact it has, but you could always try to add your vote to this idea to roll it back: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

Suggested posts