Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD Card - 32MB enough?

Solved!

SD Card - 32MB enough?

After scouring the Spotify message board it seemed the consensus was that a 32GB SD card was more than enough to store 3333 tracks offline at extreme quality. So, I bought a 32GB card and began to sync my 3100 track playlist. Download stopped at about 2500 tracks because no more space available. Checked file explorer and 2500 tracks devoured 25.21 GB of SD card (of the 29.71 GB actually available for use). Is this normal? Had I known it would take up that much space, I would have purchased a 64GB card... 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah... Should have done that math on my own. Seems most Spotify users reference using a 32GB card. Hopefully folks will see this and know that won't be enough to max out the 3333 tracks. I guess I'll plunk down another $50 for a 64GB card and give the 32GB to my wife. 😃

Thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@jblatzheim wrote:

Yeah... Should have done that math on my own. Seems most Spotify users reference using a 32GB card. Hopefully folks will see this and know that won't be enough to max out the 3333 tracks. I guess I'll plunk down another $50 for a 64GB card and give the 32GB to my wife. 😃

Thanks

This post alone lets me know you love your music, didn't even mention reducing the quality which would save space! 😉 

In the future if you are unsure just make your own topic and ask, its what the community is here for 😄 

Enjoy your music!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@jblatzheim wrote:

After scouring the Spotify message board it seemed the consensus was that a 32GB SD card was more than enough to store 3333 tracks offline at extreme quality. So, I bought a 32GB card and began to sync my 3100 track playlist. Download stopped at about 2500 tracks because no more space available. Checked file explorer and 2500 tracks devoured 25.21 GB of SD card (of the 29.71 GB actually available for use). Is this normal? Had I known it would take up that much space, I would have purchased a 64GB card... 

Hey 🙂 

That does sound about right. If you take average track length of 4 minutes (approx) then at 320kbps (extreme) a single track is ~9.4MB so to store 3,333 tracks you would need 30.5GB of real free storage space. 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Thanks

Marked as solution

@jblatzheim wrote:

Thanks

This post alone lets me know you love your music, didn't even mention reducing the quality which would save space! 😉 

In the future if you are unsure just make your own topic and ask, its what the community is here for 😄 

Enjoy your music!

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts