Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD Card corrupted by Spotify, impossible to format, write and delete.

SD Card corrupted by Spotify, impossible to format, write and delete.

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Nokia 6.1

Operating System

Android One (10.0.0)

My Issue

My SD Card corrupted by Spotify.

I tried to format it from Android, when it was saying "done buddy!" nothing got removed.

I tried from Windows, but I got an error without any code (with fast-format and Windows' full-format). I then tried "Check and repair the device" but it told that there was an error and that it couldn't repair the SD Card (ironic lol)

So I also tried DISKPART, and format, clean and repair it from there, but same! It tells either that it's done successfully, or that there was an error.

I then used the last tool to my disposition. Windows' CHKDSK. Well, guess what ?

Here's the error that prevents me from formatting !

\Android\data\com.spotify.music\files\spotifycache\Users\{MY_USER_ID}-user\metadata_cache.bnk The first allocation unit is invalid. The entry will be truncated.

That's how I know that it comes from Spotify. I was already almost sure to be honest, like I knew that it was causing few errors... But I wouldn't expect that it was just the user file.

I guess that I have no choice, I HAVE to buy a new SD Card ?

2 Replies

Hi there @V_E_L_Δ,

Thank you for this detailed post, we're sorry that your SD has been damaged in this manner. Feel free to reach out to our support team where you can possibly receive some months of Premium as compensation for your troubles.

Cheers!

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thanks anyway, even if there's no solution...

Suggested posts