Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD card cleared

SD card cleared

The day before yesterday I started Spotify on my phone. Hadn't done that for a while. Had to login again en then Spotify told me that, since I was logged in on three devices (apparently), my phone couldn't be synced and all files would be removed. Sounded reasonable and since I had WiFi available, I didn't think anything bad of it. Until yesterday, when I wanted to look up some photos that I had stored on my SD card. They were gone. Along with lots of other photos and videos. Some of it is left, but the last year is gone. Totally gone.

Is there any way to get it back? Does Android keep a 'trash bin' of some sort? Tried to recover files by inserting the SD in my Mac, but to no avail.

3 Replies

Hi. Part of the issues people are having with sd cards are because of Google's additional permissions and restrictions accessing the SD card. So spotify would only remove it's own files and wouldn't affect the others. I fear that it may actually be down to a corrupt sd card. What card is it you are using?

In answer to your other question, I'm afraid there's no way to recover your files once erased. Especially if using a computer hadn't done it. I highly recommend using something like Google photos to backup your pictures for exactly this reason.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think it's a faulty SD card. All of my media, videos as well as photos taken outside of other apps have been removed. Pictures that I took with Whatsapp, Google+ and the likes, are still on the SD card. So, only one folder on the card has been completely removed.

What folder was removed? Add I said, permissions are strict for SD card access and Spotify won't remove any folder other than its own cache. It may be another app that had done it, for example a cleaner so you may have installed.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts