Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(SOLVED) Spotify Freezes on Xiaomi

(SOLVED) Spotify Freezes on Xiaomi

1. Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(Xiaomi Red mi Note 9 Pro)

Operating System

(Android Pie) 

My Question or Issue

I own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro and the Spotify freezes completely 'everytime' when touching any of the 3 buttons menu on the app. The song keeps playing when it freezes. Waiting for the program respond does not help. I can't use 3 buttons to add a song to my lists etc.. 

I pay for a Premium. Now I use my old Iphone 4s for Spotify because of this issue.

As I heard, other Xiaomi model users experience this too. Can you please fix it fast? It's really annoying.

Edit 25/11/19: It's finally solved on my phone with the latest MIUI update. Thank you! 

32 Replies

Hey @Earthless 

You should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

Also, try using a different network (WiFi) to see if it's not a connectivity issue.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @, I tried both before posting this. Nothing works. Thank you anyway. I think this problem only occurs on some Xiaomi models.

I tried both and also used data but still freezes (i have a Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro)

same here... super annoying

Same here with xiaomi redmi note 7 😞

Also me on my Redmi 6A.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

This is an issue which we're currently looking into.

Make sure to head over here and add your vote - we'll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on our end.

Thanks!

Redmi note 8 pro user here and also experiencing the problem

Same here with Redmi Not 8 Pro...

==> unusable app !

Same problem, I had to download an older version 6-3-0-882 

Dear All,

This issue will disappear as soon as you update your system to MIUI 11.

Take care, folks!

I still have the problem. 😞

The problem still on Miui 11

Yeah great stuff @Peter , but it's been around a month I'm not able to use an app I'm paying for.

P.S. : Redmi 6

Hey i have re installing and doesn't work, and still freezing... And i has update my MIUI too it doesn't work too. Why?? 

Please fix it asap, its really annoying

I'm unable to use Spotify due to this. Will there be an update soon?

I have the version 11 and the problem IS NOT solved. Spotify knows the pb since 3 month et they don t fix it

Now its solved the problem, please confirm, my redmi6 Spotify works fine

xiaomi redmi note 8t didn't work fine, any solved this problem? i have miui 11 android 9

Suggested posts