Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Hello World,

i got a problem with my ace. Since yesterday, when the new version of spotify was available, my ace won´t install the new one. It says that my device is not compatible for this version of spotify. Will there be a fix or do i have to buy a new cellphone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Paulus_vondyer8 wrote:
Getting the same errors trying to instal new version. Emailed spotify no help offered as yet. Is the only option to upgrade phone. I have a Samsung ace 2.3.6 ...this is so annoying...

You should read the posts above really.  Spotify has already responded to the problem you're facing.  We all have the same problem here and their answer is that they do not support armv5 and armv6 based devices any more.  Your phone is one of them.  If they don't create a compatible app, your phone will not be able to run Spotify.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

tenho meu ace duos com root, usando TitaniumBackup, consigo tirar ele das atualizações da play store, os que tem android mais novos conseguem marcar para não atualizar, mais nós usuarios do 2.3.6 temos que recorrer a metodos alternativos, não conheço outra maneira de quem não tem root liberado

Google translate

I have my ace duos with root, using TitaniumBackup, he can not get the updates of the play store, which has the newest android can not update schedule, most users of 2.3.6 we have to use alternative methods, I know no other way to who has not released root

Marked as solution

Not sure about compatibility, but armv5 support has been added back in with the latest version (which I would assume also supports v6.

Release notes:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Release-notes-Spotify-for-Android/m-p/835329/h...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Just to confirm what's already been posted above. The new version of the app (v1.1.1) is once again fully compatible with ARMv5 devices.

Sorry again for anyone who was left temporarily without their music. And thanks for bearing with us whilst we got this sorted for you.

Happy listening!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

Looks like the Gio launched with andriod 2.2 which may no longer be supported. You may need to upgrade to 2.3 or above.

Peter

181 Replies

Description

I updated Spotify to the latest 'housekeeping' release of 27th May.
This updated Spotify in turn which asks to install a different application - Spotify Music.

Problem is that it seems that "Spotify Music" is no longer compatible with my device: ZTE Blade.

Google Play forbids me from install it and, therefore, I cannot use Spotify in my mobile phone anymore.

I used Micro7 ROM - Android Gingerbread.
This morning I installed KonstaKANG ROM - Android Jelly Bean.
But the problem persists: Google Play states that "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

With my OTHER device - an Android Jelly Bean tablet - I had no problems with the update.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

My last-resort attempt seems to me like a good step-by-step description of my problem to reproduce:
1. Wiped / clean all data / reset to factory
2. Installed Android Jelly Bean (KonstaKang's ROM based on CyanogenMod 10.1)
3. Installed "Spotify" from the Play Store ("Spotify Music" did not appear, not even in "More by Spotify Ltd." section)
4. Opened Spotify app, which only shows a screen titled "SPOTIFY UPDATE" saying that I "need to update Spotify", and that "this version of Spotify is no longer supported". (see screenshot 1)
5. Pressed the "Download" button that redirects to "Spotify Music" on Play Store
6. On the top of screen one can see "Your device isn't compatible with this version." (see screenshot 2)

What I expected to happen

I expect "Spotify Music" to be available to my ZTE Blade, so I can continue using it.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

ZTE Blade (specs)

Device’s Operating System

2.3.7 Gingerbread (which I had yesterday, when first reproduced the problem)
4.2.2 Jellybean (which I installed this morning but did not solved the issue)

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

165 MB

Space left on your SD card

14.49 GB

Space left on your External SD card

N/A

Is your device rooted?

Yes

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

Yesterday I had Micro7 - stripped version of Eco7, which is in turn a minimalist version of Cyanogen MOD 7.2

Today I have KonstaKANG's port of CyanogenMod 10.1

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

Yes (with CM7)
No (with CM10.1)

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

Well, yes: the last "Spotify" version, 1.0.1.985, and No: the "Spotify Music" is actually the latest, and I cannot install it. 

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data?

Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

N/A

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version

0.9.10.14 (not relevant for this I believe)

My mobile provider and country

NOS (former ZON), Portugal

My username

diogocravodeoliveira

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Spotify login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Last version I can install/run:

Spotify

Google Play, after I press the green "Download" button:

Spotify Music on Google Play

Same here with my Galaxy Ace, wtf....No way to now how to solve this......plz help!!!!!

Me too; Spotify Help!

I have escalated this over to the Spotify team to look into for you guys.

Hang in there!

Peter

Hey guys!

Would you be able details (like above) in the template over on the troubleshooting post?:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082

The more detail we have about the devices that are affected, the easier it is for the devs to narrow down the issue.

Thanks!

Peter

As asked the template 

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Please describe the problem

After notification in Spotify that a necessary update was available before opening Spotify and opening Google Playstore to get the update, in there was the message that my device was not compatible with this (Spotify)version

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

1. After the problem I first  removed Spotify from my device

2. Then I reinstalled it

3. Opened Spotify and get the same message that I first have to update, coming in the same loop as mentioned as the problem

4. After that I tried all steps of Troubleshooting mentioned on the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify site

Sill the same problem

To open Spotify and enjoying the great App as always J

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S58301)

Buildnumber Gingerbread.XXMA1, Android version 2.3.6 (just typing over what I can find under ‘system’ because I don’t know this kind of things)

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

1,29 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

1,5 GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

N/A

Is your device rooted?

“No” (don’t know)

“No” (don’t know)

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

N/A

Can’t see anymore because I’ve removed it now, but it was always updated…..until yesterday anyway

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

N/A

Ben, Holland

My username

luigimari0

Yes

Spotify login

1.png

2.png

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Got the same problem with a Galaxy Y Pro Duos (GT-B5512), plus, I attempted to download and install the new app manually from https://m.spotify.com and although the app was downloaded and I enabled installing from unknown sourses in settings, the app did not install.

I selected both "Verify and install" and "Package Installer" and although it was verified, it did not install.

== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Please describe the problem

After notification in Spotify that a necessary update was available before opening Spotify and opening Google Playstore to get the update, in there was the message that my device was not compatible with this (Spotify)version

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

1. got a message to update Spotify.

2. Updated Spotify and started Spotify

3. Got a message (see attachment 1) to download a new compitable Spotify

4. Went to the android market again, but got the mesaage my Galaxy Ace wasn't compitable with Spotify Music.

5. So I am not able to download Spotify Music

To open Spotify and enjoying the great App as always J

No

No

Your device

Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i)

Buildnumber Gingerbread.XXMA1, Android version 2.3.6

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

40 MB

1,5 GB

1,4 GB

Is your device rooted?

“No”

no

Yes

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

N/A

Latest Version

N/A

Hi, Holland

My username

FamilieWilms

Yes

Spotify login

see attachments

SC20140528-130038.png
SC20140528-130135.png

Pls guys fix the samsung galaxy issue, as i am unable to download the new version, just like mentioned previously it says this version is not compatible with the device!!!!! 

I have the same problem on my ACE-i. The only reason that I use premium was listening music on my phone. And now it doesn't support. I cancelled my subscription. I hope this is just a bug. If this is fixed, I'll subscribe again asap.

Spotify will lose most of its customers who own a Galaxy Ace (or other "old" devices) if it's not quickly fixed.

Spotify va perdre la plupart de ses clients qui possèdent un Galaxy Ace (ou d'autres «anciens» appareils) si une solution n'est pas apportée rapidement.

This is a joke.

I fully understand what has happened and why Spotify has take action.

I am not willing to fill out all these forms etc I dont even understand what half of it means!

I am just very annoyed as I am travelling on friday, just payed for Spotify and now the new version is

not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Ace.

I really dont want to cancel my subscription as you have to pay to sign up again! But why should I have to

pay for a full month when yet again I dont get a full months usage of it!

If its not randomly deleting my playlists and I cant even recover them its just not letting me in to my account.

Im fed up Spotify!

Unfortunately, I have the same issue 😞

Description

I installed Spotify from the Play Store, and got the message to update. Then, I went to m.spotify.com and followed the link to the new app on the play store. It said that my device was not compatible. Finally, I tried to do the manual install which ended in the message "Application not installed" (with a nice green tickmark ;))

1. Installed Spotify, started it and got the update message
  2. Went to the mobile page m.spotify.com
  3. Followed the link to the play store (to Spotify Music)
  4. Got a message that my device was not compatible
  5. Went back to the mobile page
  6. Downloaded the apk
  7. Tried to install it, but got a message "application is not installed"
  8. Double checked the menu to see of it really was not installed (it wasn't)

That Spotify Music would install

Yes, I tried the procedure twice

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy Young gt s5360

Android 2.3.6

Premium

118MB

N/A

3.74 GB

Is your device rooted?

No

No

I am not sure, but at least I did not do it myself. I installed Spotify and I can't move it to the external SD card, so I guess it is installed there.

No

I can't test that since I have no SIM card

Wifi

I don't know, since I can't do anything in Spotify anymore. But it is the latest version from the APP store (i.e. the one that is discontinued since May 28)

0.9.10.14.g578dr50b

N/A

My username

monderwa

Nope

Facebook login

Nope, but they would look the same as those posted by user 'dscdo' in the second message in this thread.

I'm experiencing the same issue on my LG P-500. Can't even use the old app! What the heck Spotify? This is quite an unexpected move, more so when apparently many of your 2.3 users are premium subscribers. I'm afraid my subscription won't last long unless this is fixed.

I'm looking through the manifest and nothing is jumping out at me.

The min api is 9 - Android 2.3.

Either there's something else, or they've manually marked it as not compatible.

There appears to be no armv6 native code...

So, many cheaper devices won't work.

What does this mean Liam?  Do we have to throw our 1 and a half year cell phones to the closest garbage can and run and buy new ones just to be honoured to have spotify's beautiful service?

Honestly, this is bull**bleep**.

Do i really have to buy a new phone for 100$ dollars, just to use the newer version of spotify?

When my Galaxy Ace have worked so flawlessly over the past years, what was the logic behind doing so alot of cheaper android phone won't work with the newer spotify version.

Any chance to have an updated version today or do I have to cancel my subscription and go to deezer?

Suggested posts