Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy S6 issues

Samsung Galaxy S6 issues

I've had a quick look over the boards and can't find anything which is fixing my problem. Apologies if this HAS already been answered, I haven't found it if so.

There's a few issues -

No album artwork on the lockscreen.
The lockscreen widget shows the first song I play but does not update when other songs are played after.
The lockscreen widget does not update the 'play/pause' button.
When the multi-tasking button is pressed, and then 'close all' the homescreen widget goes blank, sometimes the app closes as well. I know, I'm asking to Close All, but Spotify is still playing, so it shouldn't close, right?

I know some of these issues may have been fixed in other threads, but I haven't been able to fix them after following the suggested steps.

Until this morning i used my Note4, running the same OS as my S6, for playing Spotify but have just downloaded the app to my new phone and having these issues. (I've also done a fresh install and reboot, no difference)

Not the end of the world, but would be good to have the same user experience on my new phone as my old. Seems a shame if these features have been lost when upgrading.

1 Reply

@creg101 wrote:

I've had a quick look over the boards and can't find anything which is fixing my problem. Apologies if this HAS already been answered, I haven't found it if so.

There's a few issues -

No album artwork on the lockscreen.
The lockscreen widget shows the first song I play but does not update when other songs are played after.
The lockscreen widget does not update the 'play/pause' button.
When the multi-tasking button is pressed, and then 'close all' the homescreen widget goes blank, sometimes the app closes as well. I know, I'm asking to Close All, but Spotify is still playing, so it shouldn't close, right?

I know some of these issues may have been fixed in other threads, but I haven't been able to fix them after following the suggested steps.

Until this morning i used my Note4, running the same OS as my S6, for playing Spotify but have just downloaded the app to my new phone and having these issues. (I've also done a fresh install and reboot, no difference)

Not the end of the world, but would be good to have the same user experience on my new phone as my old. Seems a shame if these features have been lost when upgrading.

OK, here goes...

No Album art on lockscreen - Seems the Lock Screen Samsung have put on the phones loses the ability to display album art. This is widely reported by Samsung users. Only fix is for Samsung to update their lock screen or to find a third party from the Play Store. As for the widget, this is odd behaviour but would assume it's linked to the same thing.

Using 'Close All' - You have 2 seperate processes running on the phone for Spotify. the first is the app (UI) and the second is the music (media stream). Media takes a priority and is a background process whereas the open app is a foreground proces and as such will get killed when you press the close all. Music will still stream as it;s coming from the server.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts