Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier

Operating System

?

My Question or Issue

I all of a sudden can't use my Gear S3 as a Remote for my Note 8.  All I get is a message that Bluetooth is disconnected or use the App on my phone. 

I have

1. Rebbotted both my Watch and Phone
  2. Reintalled both Apps
  3. Disconnected all devices from my Spotify account
  4. Reset my Watch
  5. Reset all connections on my Phone
  6. Searched all online content and actioned

All other Bluetooth functions work between my Watch and Phone.

What can I do? It has sent me mad.

Has there been an update to the Phone App and the Watch App is now incompatible and behind in development??

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Yes, there is an issue with the new updates. I installed the version 8.4.77.779 that was launched at the end of October and remote control is working again. There were some other stable versions launched in November 8.4.78.xxx but as far as I remember the app **bleep** up in the middle of November so I went back till October cause I don't have the time to find until which version remote control stopped working. 

BTW

Spotify for apple watch was released in November and the issue on gear s3 started  in the same month. Coincidence?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Lots of people are having this exact problem, seems an update of the android mobile app broke functionality. If they'll ever fix it is anyones guess, as they are really shitty at feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. You're the only one in the world to respond so far.

I have the Galaxy Watch and Galaxy S9+... have the exact same problem and no one knows how to fix it :(!!

2k in the hole, for one of the products we wanted.
Marked as solution

Hi,

Yes, there is an issue with the new updates. I installed the version 8.4.77.779 that was launched at the end of October and remote control is working again. There were some other stable versions launched in November 8.4.78.xxx but as far as I remember the app **bleep** up in the middle of November so I went back till October cause I don't have the time to find until which version remote control stopped working. 

BTW

Spotify for apple watch was released in November and the issue on gear s3 started  in the same month. Coincidence?

Hi,

Great reply. Thanks so much. I like the advise on the Apple release. Food for thought.

May I ask, how do I go about reverting to an old version?

Cheers

@Alpabe wrote:

BTW

@Alpabe wrote:

Hi,

BTW

BTW

@Alpabe wrote:

Hi,

BTW

Cheers

You have to uninstall the current version of Spotify you have and download an apk of and old version. You can search for it on apkmirror com portal, as I think is the trustest apk website. As I said you can go back to 8.4.77.779 (arm version) from Oct 26th or try one released in early November if you want to find out what version started the issue.

To install it, you have to go to Security --> and select install from unknown sources. Then go to the directory where you saved the aplk and install it. After the installation is complete, you can uncheck install from unknow sources option.

Note:

You will loose all the songs you have downloaded previously.

Suggested posts