Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung s10 Issues?

Samsung s10 Issues?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung s10+

Operating System

Android P

My Question or Issue

Is there a Know Issue with the new S10 Devices? I *SEEM* to have two relating to Spotify (1 for definite)

1: Once the app is Opened, it stays awake and drains battery. Had it on yesterday for 1 and a half hours Roughly, Have "Active" usage of 4 hours. However, this coincides with Installing the Galaxy Watch App, which may keep it awake when used in "Remote" Mode, even without Spotify being open. I have to Manually force close the App.

2. Spotify seems to be using Google Play Services at an alarming rate. Again, my GPServices usage is almost Minute for Minute the same as Spotify was awake for. Currently Spotify is 4 Hours 12 (Most of that NOT actually being used)  and GPServices is 4 Hours 18. Seems a bit of a Coincidence.

Any Other reports?

25 Replies

I have the same. Please fix this!

Screenshot_20190415-221549_Device care.jpg

I might have found a solution. Turn battery optimization OFF. 

Go to Settings-Apps-Spotify-Battery-Battery optimization and switch off Spotify in the list. 

Seems to be working for me.

Never mind. It is not working after all.

I cant download the music on my samsung s10,it keeps telling me to go to the phone settings and to download using cellular,but I've looked on the settings and it's not there,plus I've been into several phone shops and they can't find it,if this isn't sorted out by sporify asap I'll be changing to a different music app cz I'm getting fed up with it tbh. Plus sporify haven't even got a phone number in the uk that u can ring.

I have an S10 and had a similar issue. Maneged to reduce the frequency by having turned on "Optimizing battery usage" but disabled allow app to run in background. After I close the app the app will not run in background. It will reduce the app wake times and save a bit of battery

Hi, I have S10, and I have the same problem, spotify is draining my battery, also I have galaxy watch, the last month I was deezer client but I decide to move to spotify, but my battery is draining too fast. please help!!!

Suggested posts