Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search function is missing in Playlists

Search function is missing in Playlists

Hello all. I have had Spotify for years, and always been able to search in Playlists. Now, all of a sudden, search is removed as an option from the three dot menu in a Playlist, where it always was. Really struggling as this is how I always search for music within premium. 

I believe the solution is to integrate the iOS app style search into the Android app. However, getting any search function back would be a good result. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

Device

Motorola z4

Screenshot_20211124-085031.png
8 Replies

Hi there @joshunderupz14,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

No worries, the Search function is still available within playlists, you just need to open the playlist and swipe down to reveal the search bar and the filters button.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is in fact not the case, at least on my android, a Motorola z4. If you
read my message, I stated that the swipe down function would be great to
have on Android, but is not present for me.
Best, Josh

Hey @joshunderupz14,

This function is indeed available for Android, so we can try some troubleshooting steps to try and sort this out.

As a first step, try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the function is still missing, could you let us know your phone's Android version and the Spotify version you're running?

Additionally and if possible, could you try logging in to your account on a different Android phone to see how it works there?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Completely gone now...?
Best feature just ditched for no reason.. 😬

Hi there, this issue resolved itself, it reappeared above my Playlist.
Best, josh

Hey there folks,

Thanks for the posts.

@norman1nz, can you let us know the model of your phone, OS version and Spotify version, as well as what happens if you swipe down once you've opened a playlist? The 'Find in Playlist' field should appear.

@joshunderupz14, Thanks for letting us know that this has been resolved on your end.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. I’d like to point out that the swipe down to search feature is bugged. For some reason it shows in few playlists and in others it simply doesn’t. 

I’m running the latest version on IOS 16.2 with a premium plan

Hey @Nanosec_Havoc,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Could you try to log out > restart your phone > log back in to see if that will change the search feature's behavior?

In case the issue persists, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in on your phone and test this out to see if they'll experience the same?

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts