Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search function not working in android app

Search function not working in android app

I can type in something but when I press enter or the search button nothing happens.
3 Replies

Hello @jhendr15. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I've occasionally had this happen to myself before too, but usually fix it by rebooting my phone or reinstalling the Spotify mobile app. If a reboot doesn't fix it for you, let me know if a reinstall of the app gets you anywhere. 🙂

http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

If this doesn't work for you, please let us know what Android device you have by copying and pasting the template below, replacing the sample info with your own.

Manufacturer & Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Android Version: 4.4.2 KitKat / 6.0.1 Marshmallow

This information should be found in Settings > General > About on a Samsung device, but should be similar if you have another brand.

No its still not working.
I'm not reinstalling the app every time I want to find a song/artist.

Manufacturer & Model: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Android Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Thanks for letting me know the device you're using and the version of Android you're on. You should also let us know whether you're on Spotify Free or Premium in your next reply, as well as the exact Spotify app version you're using. This can be found by tapping on Your Library > Settings Gear (top right corner) and scrolling to the bottom.

Since you're on Android, I'd recommend following the Clean install & getting the cache onto SD Card portion of the [Complete Guide] How to fix most Android issues community post.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914257

Performing a clean install usually resolves most issues on the Spotify mobile app for Android for a lot of people, myself included. If it does not fix your blank search issue, let me know and I'll rope in a more knowledgeable Rock Star or Moderator to help out. 🙂

Suggested posts