Premium

Country

Canada

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android Oreo 8.1

My Question or Issue

Searching in the app says I'm offline and need to go online. I am connected to wifi and can play non downloaded songs.

Screenshot_20180709-222519.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @Bandnan, welcome to the Community!

Did this start happening after a recent app or OS update? Try resetting your internet connection to see if it helps with being able to search tracks.

Also, if you haven't already tried, give a clean reinstall a shot.

Be sure to keep us posted.

I have the exact same problem and tried to get help from the spotify chat around 4 times. Everytime I get the advice to do a clean reinstall of my app. All my settings are absolutely fine (Samsung S 8). Once I have reinstalled the app it works for about 12 hours, then back to "you are offline" when I want to search artists or songs and I am clearly not. It doesn't matter which wifi i am connected to. This is getting so frustrating that  I have thought about cancelling Spotify and changing my music platform. This has been going on for about 4 months now and when I asked about a gogw refund for all the hassle I was told "then we have to cancel your premium subscription".

I am at a loss at what else  i can do to have this problem fixed. 

I have the same issue, I'd like to know if someone in this place cares at all, just update the code guys, debug it...

The new app is riddled with bugs. Uninstall the latest version and install an older APK file and it'll fix these stupid problems.

It's really embarrassing for a company like Spotify to have this many issues and not even acknowledge them

Hey @xbabak@Bandnan@rehd95 and @aenncan76,

We're aware of the current issues there are with the Android app and we are working hard on fixing them. The issues are currently being investigated and we will do our best to have them solved soon. Below you can find links so you can keep track on what the status is.

Spotify being Offline

Playback issues

Notification issues

Thanks for bearing with us!

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts