Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Searching for things in the Android Preview

Searching for things in the Android Preview

So I fancied listening to some chilled electronica to round off the evening - I searched for the artist Galaxy, but because there are at least five other artists with the word "galaxy" in their name, my Galaxy wasn't listed. I couldn't remember the name of any of their albums so I was stuck.

Anyone know how to view more than 5 search results under Artist (or indeed Album)? I tried artist:galaxy and "galaxy" and even artist:"galaxy" but these all yielded the same results.

My instinct was to press the green ARTISTS header for more, but that didn't do anyting.

2 Replies

Searching logic has always been a little weak. It really should prioritise exact matches rather than (at a guess) by popularity/play count partial matches.

Only way around this for now, if you only have your mobile device with you, is to use a website like last.fm to find the band you want and use that to find an album title which you can use to search in Spotify

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

This Spotify Idea is on removing the search results limit. Please vote on it so Spotify staff notice it.

Suggested posts