Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 10

I am seriously thinking about canceling my Spotify premium account and switching to something else. The last month or so, the mobile app has been incredibly buggy.  It frequently says I have no internet connection when that's not the case, it seems to forget that I am a premium subscriber (does Spotify realize how infuriating it is to click on a song and get the message "You've found a Premium feature" when I have been a premium subscriber for years?), and it also replaces the Shuffle Play button with just a Play button. I loved this app for years, but the last month has been so frustrating.  I don't think I've picked up my phone once to use this app in the last month without having some sort of problem. Please get it together, Spotify. I know from others in these forums that there is a lot of frustration out there about this poor performance.

5 Replies

And yes, I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. That seems to be the default advice that Spotify gives, and it does not work for me.

Ditto for me on the "no internet connection" error. Happens every other time or so that I open spotify. Sometimes it corrects itself after time. Sometimes I have to close and reopen the app. But more often than not the message persists and I just can't use Spotify for that car ride. I have tried all of the troubleshooting and this happens on cellular data mostly but I think it has happened on wifi too. I have reinstalled spotify, cleared cache etc. I even got a new phone (for a separate reason, not because of this) and the issue has persisted through devices. 

I am currently doing a trial with youtube music and will probably stay with that unless we get some concrete fixes and answers on spotify's end.

EDIT: Posted in wrong thread. Even the help site is bugged...

Finally!! I found someone experiencing the same issues.

I am also on the verge of unsubscribing.

That offline bug EXISTED FOR YEARS, and they have their heads so up their --- that they don't even acknowledge it. It's insane.

Suggested posts