Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Session popup

Solved!

Session popup

IMG_8062.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Operating System

iOS 16.3.1

My Question/Issue

Is there anyway to disable the pop-up to join a session and a way to disallow others to join mine? I just got a pop-up to join a coworkers session, we do not follow eachother on Spotify and my account is not linked to any social media, we are just on the same Wi-Fi. I can only imagine that this is gonna get out of control in public.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Povlsen,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

When you're connected to a speaker, the app has the option to allow other users to use it and control it if they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. However, you have the option to turn it off.

To do so, on the Now playing view, hit the name of the device currently playing on the bottom left part of the screen. Then, you'll see the option "Multiple people can join and control this speaker" below the speaker's name. Turn it off, and it will prevent other users from joining your session.

On another note, we can confirm it's currently not possible to disable those notifications; however we appreciate the time you took to write this to us. 

We'd like you to know other users had similar requests, so they posted some ideas about it in our Idea Boards. We located these ones:

1. [Mobile][Social] Group Session notifications
  2. [Android][Other] Default setting group session on speaker disabled

We think these are great ideas too! That's why we'd suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to them in the three-dot menu. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about these.

We appreciate your feedback. We know you’d like to make this as an opportunity for Spotify to become an incredible app.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Povlsen,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

When you're connected to a speaker, the app has the option to allow other users to use it and control it if they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. However, you have the option to turn it off.

To do so, on the Now playing view, hit the name of the device currently playing on the bottom left part of the screen. Then, you'll see the option "Multiple people can join and control this speaker" below the speaker's name. Turn it off, and it will prevent other users from joining your session.

On another note, we can confirm it's currently not possible to disable those notifications; however we appreciate the time you took to write this to us. 

We'd like you to know other users had similar requests, so they posted some ideas about it in our Idea Boards. We located these ones:

1. [Mobile][Social] Group Session notifications
  2. [Android][Other] Default setting group session on speaker disabled

We think these are great ideas too! That's why we'd suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to them in the three-dot menu. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about these.

We appreciate your feedback. We know you’d like to make this as an opportunity for Spotify to become an incredible app.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm using the Spotify app from the Play Store on Google ChromeOS 112.0.5616.62. Both before updating it today (to the April 17 version) and previous, the app repeatedly tells me "Now multiple people can control your device". (Not sure how to include a screenshot). Whenever I click "Got it", it brings up the device selection screen, but I don't want to change devices. When I dismiss that screen, I'm back to the original view (the album I'm listening to). I have to go through this at least once every time I open the app.

How do I stop Spotify from telling me about this feature? I've acknowledged it so many times. I get it.

Same issue here on my Chromebook. I have no devices on the network, yet Spotify keeps informing me day after day "Now multiple can control your device!" any time I start a track. Seriously considering another subscription option at this point, and the 'solution' listed above isn't even a solution.

I think my ChromeOS issue was incorrectly duplicated into this thread. When I try to follow the solution, there is no such option for my device, "This Chromebook". 

I'm still getting this popup multiple times per day when I use Spotify on my Chromebook.

Edit: I suppose the forum topic here covers it: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Multiple-People-Can-control-this-device-pop-up-occurs-twice...

Problem: A notification saying that multiple people can control my device pops up between track changes. It takes pressing enter 4 times to close the notification. Then it comes back when the track changes.

Operating System: Chrome (updated)

Software: Spotify (updated)

Attempted solutions:

• Clearing cache
  • Reinstalling Spotify
  • Finding solution on community forum.

Related issues: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Multiple-People-Can-control-this-device-pop-up-occurs-twice...(Note: The accepted solution does not resolve this issue.)

See also: 

Screenshot 2023-07-24 10.02.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-24 10.01.56 PM.png

The community manager erroneously merged the above post into this thread.

Each time the app changes tracks my operating system switches back to Spotify and shows this notification. 

userid1_0-1691044841896.png

If I leave the notification open, it displays it again. Please fix.

Suggested posts